Connecticut

Checks this week! and a Hotel recommendation for North Haven area

I'm happy to say I've acquired some checks :)
Excited for my hair trial with Janice from Salon Naomi next Thursday!!
and I booked two hotels close to my venues, I have to give a mention to one of them which is the Holiday Inn in North Haven. Corrine was professional and friendly and the thing I love about this hotel is that they give welcome gift bags to your guests who check in. When I read the contract it stated included in the bags were champagne, chocolate truffles and a breakfast discount coupon. The little details is what I love! We also reserved the jacuzzi bridal suite for two days, the day before the wedding so I can relax the evening before and also get ready with my girls in it and then the night after the wedding for FH and I.
A couple more checks, I finally put together my wedding website and created our registries!
Very excited to knock these things off my to do list.. now if only choosing the Photog and Videographer were easy :/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checks this week! and a Hotel recommendation for North Haven area

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    Congrats on the great checks!

We had also blocked rooms at the Holiday Inn in North Haven, and stayed in the jacuzzi bridal suite the night of the wedding!.. it's pretty awesome :)
    imageAnniversary
  • that's great to know because I'm getting married at Cascade too (right, you are?) so I was thinking of them! Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your checks!
  • The Holiday Inn in North Haven is very nice.  I was bridesmiad in a friends wedding a couple of years ago and we stayed there.  There definitely was enough room for all us girsl to get hair and makeup done... there were 5 of us, so you should more then ok :)
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_checks-this-week-and-a-hotel-recommendation-for-north-haven-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a7a1aabc-205f-465e-881d-6543aef398b8Post:97c874a4-617d-446a-a799-4ffa626baa17">Re: Checks this week! and a Hotel recommendation for North Haven area</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Mona8, You enjoyed the bridal suite? It looks nice but I only saw one photo. <strong>Do you think its roomy enough for me and 6 girls to get hair and make-up done in? </strong>@ mrsrutkowsk, Yes we are getting married at Cascade. I def recommend this hotel, they told me its only 15 mins away from the venue and they offer free shuttle service for your guests. If you're looking for a budget hotel, I also booked with Days Inn which is .3 miles from Cascade, and they were half the price per night then Holiday Inn. HTH!!
    Posted by kheartsm[/QUOTE]

Yea, there should be enough room.
    imageAnniversary
  • thanks so much for the info!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That hotel is in a great place.... Your guests will have lots of access to everything.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oh man I hate to be the downer about the Holiday Inn but we had a really bad experience with them! The rooms & the stay were fine, since we got our bridal suite comped, even though the rooms are a bit run down. As you know there are only 2 hotels in that area, we went with that one since it had the bar open late and the other did not. We were told that we could go back to the bar after, didn't need to reserve it as it would be open still. I had tons of guests, bridal party etc. that went over after the wedding to find the bar closed! I specifically talked to the manager multiple times about making sure it was open, not needing to reserve etc. Needless to say they tried to accomodate and it worked out fine, we ended up taking over their lobby. They provided up with mixers for the alcohol we had left from the party bus and gave us some beer. We ordered food from the diner near by and still had a blast. Needless to say I was not happy about the bar situation but was just glad that we all still got to hang out after!

Just double check with them if you plan on using the bar after. Since I was told that they are very accomodating to wedding parties and stay open late night for them! Ummm no so much! LOL

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for that advice Kim!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards