Connecticut

Southington/Simsbury - Where should I have the photographer take pictures??

I'm getting married in November at a church in Southington and then my reception is at the Riverview in Simsbury.  Everyone I know of who has gotten married at The Riverview took pictures at the flower bridge. Does anyone else have any other ideas, anywhere in between Southington and Simsbury?

Re: Southington/Simsbury - Where should I have the photographer take pictures??

• We are getting married at the Riverview in November and are going to Hartford City Hall. I would love to do the flower bridge, but planned on inside b/c of weather.
  • I love the way City Hall pictures look!! I'm also a Riverview bride but I'm getting ready at the Simsbury Inn so I'm doing pictures with girls there, I've also seen Riverview brides who have used the simsbury 1820 house/property for pictures
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_southingtonsimsbury-where-should-i-have-the-photographer-take-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:bfea878a-dc9a-4d28-9797-716c1853b29fPost:a231cb8e-ea12-4fa8-bd14-7a0de206426b">Re: Southington/Simsbury - Where should I have the photographer take pictures??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the way City Hall pictures look!! I'm also a Riverview bride but I'm getting ready at the Simsbury Inn so I'm doing pictures with girls there, I've also seen Riverview brides who have used the simsbury 1820 house/property for pictures
    Posted by sundayrose[/QUOTE]

What date in Novmeber. We're the 10th
  • We are the 11th :)
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try maybe Rogers Orchards? I haven't been there in forever but depending on the theme/feel of your wedding it could be different. I've seen brides in Memorial Park in Bristol too. Also, some of the parks/ dams have great photo op. spots.  do a little online poking on prices for these kinds of places, cuz I have no idea what they'd be, but they could offer some different possibilities. Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_southingtonsimsbury-where-should-i-have-the-photographer-take-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:bfea878a-dc9a-4d28-9797-716c1853b29fPost:531f0af4-3870-42ba-86f5-1176a11ab004">Southington/Simsbury - Where should I have the photographer take pictures??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in November at a church in Southington and then my reception is at the Riverview in Simsbury.  Everyone I know of who has gotten married at The Riverview took pictures at the flower bridge. Does anyone else have any other ideas, anywhere in between Southington and Simsbury?
    Posted by Jessmay30[/QUOTE]
  • I live in Simsbury... here are some other ideas.... besides flower bridge.. I did my engagement session at Flower Bridge and then in a pasture with a antique red tractor on Nod Road with the Heublein tower in the background.
    1.) Stratton Park- there is a little covered bridge, very cute and country looking.
    2.) Simsbury Historic Society- across from United Methodist Church
    3.) Rosedale Farms - there is the corn maze, the painted barn, lots of places within the farm that are beautiful and then go wine tasting!
    4.) Farmington- Hillstead Museum - beautiful place
    5.) Collinville- cool little town with a great industrial bridge over the river and lots of abandoned red mills.

Hope this helps!
  • Thank you everyone for all your ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards