Rhode Island

Hair/Makeup locations?

Hi ladies!

I'm getting married in June at Castle Hill, and have been working around the fact that we don't get into the bridal suite until 2 PM (ceremony is at 5:30 but we're going to do some pics before).  I thought I had it figured out-- we were going to do hair either at a studio or at my mom's house in Newport, and then go to Castle Hill for makeup and getting dressed....I had a MUA booked who I LOVED from my trial, and was considering going with her for hair as well...

Turns out she's pregnant and due a few days before my wedding! So, back to square one... she offered a suggestion but I want to make sure I keep options open.  Any Castle HIll brides out there who have figured out how to balance hair and makeup and work around the 2 pm room start? My bridesmaids (4) will be getting it done as well! Any other tips for super natural makeup (I don't wear much usually) and someone great w. hair would be great!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Hair/Makeup locations?

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like it would be easier if a make up artist and hair stylist came to you at your mother's home. I recommend Sara Faella and her glam squad. She does both hair and make up. I had a tough time finding a make up artist who could work with my Asian skin tone. I also wanted very natural make up that would last all day so I had the air brush make up.  If Sara is booked, try Jennie Kay Murphy for hair and make up. She does tons of Newport bride since she is from the area. My hair stylist Sam C is very reasonable and works quickly too. All of them get rave reviews on here.
  • edited December 2011
    Jennie Kay who I used was amazing.  She has both a studio in Middletown (prob about 10 - 15 from Castle Hill) and will travel to you.   She will also bring additional people with her if you have time constrains.  I have really dark circles under my eyes and was worried about hiding those while still looking natural (I almost never wear make-up) and she did an amazing job.  All the girls looked amazing. 

http://www.jenniekaymurphy.com/  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards