Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

two weddings - what do i say?

Hi all,
My fiance and I are thinking of having a very small wedding in Italy, where some of my family lives.  Then, in order to include all our friends and family, we'll have either just a reception or do the whole shebang over again in the States.
In our invitations, I want to let people know that they're welcome but certainly not expected to come to italy.  Any ideas on how to do this?  Or, should I send invites for the US wedding and just call the select few I think might come to Italy?
Thanks so much for any advice!

Re: two weddings - what do i say?

• Options
    My good friend did this and she only invited immediate family and maybe one or two friends to the Italy wedding.  Then they had a reception back in the U.S. later when they got back from Italy and invited everyone to that.  It worked out really well for them.  I think that's the best way to do it.  Just invite the few that you actually want to come to Italy and then invite everyone else to a reception in the States.  Don't do the ceremony over again in the U.S.  It's not necessary as you're already married so it won't even be that special or anything for you or for your guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you open to having a larger guest list in Italy, or do you want to keep it small?  If you are okay with people coming, then I'd just add information for both events on the invitation.  You may be surprised, and more people may be interested in comting than you think.

We're having our wedding in Hawaii and all of our family/friends are from MN as well as us.  We're just putting the invite out for everyone to come if they can make it, or join us for an at home reception if they'd like.  Seems like a good idea to me, I think.
  • Options
    I'm with Mocha. If you want everyone to come to Italy, invite them to come to Italy, whether or not you personally think they can make it. Either include the information about the wedding and the at-home reception on one invitation (maybe with a reception card insert), so people know they can participate even if they can't make it to Italy, and have 1 response card for both, OR invite everyone to the wedding and see who can't make it. Then decide if you need to have a party later on for your guests and send out separate invites. Who knows? Maybe most people will be able to come.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards