Wedding Woes
Options

Brdesmaid....

My sister is plus sized and is beyond persistent with being one of my BM....... So my question is what kind of style works for plus size women?? I heard rouching is a great choice but she sounded extreamy disgusted.... HELP!!!!!

Re: Brdesmaid....

• Options
    It totally depends on how she's shaped. Plus sizes come in all shapes, so your question is like asking what kind of dress would look good on any of your bridesmaids with no other descriptions. My sister is also plus sized, but because she's an apple shape, some of the dresses that are nipped at the middle look bad, although the same style looks great on plus sized friends. Have her try stuff on, see what looks good and what fits. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_brdesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e30f9734-af21-4b88-a26c-2d695c8c36b6Post:8ecb592d-76d2-46c0-b565-9e2458fb6631">Brdesmaid....</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My sister is plus sized and is beyond persistent with being one of my BM....... </strong>So my question is what kind of style works for plus size women?? I heard rouching is a great choice but she sounded extreamy disgusted.... HELP!!!!!
    Posted by emlizb87[/QUOTE]

Did you ask her to be a BM?
  • Options
    Sometimes an empire waist can flatter a girl with a tummy. The thing about ruching is it is usually done with some horizontal lining, and it can make anyone look bigger than they are. Plus the thicker the lines (spacing in between), the more you will look wider. The only way she's going to know what looks good on her is when she tries on dresses, that is if she is in your WP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Don't let your sister dictate who is in your wedding party, you decide that.  If you're not that close, don't ask her.  If you're not asking her because she's plus-sized, though, that's a terrible reason to leave your sister out of your wedding day.

127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It really depends how big her chest is and her stomach etc.  I would go to DB, they have sizes ranging from 0-20 something.  I would have her come and pick out something she likes in your color.  You always have the option giving the girls the color and length and letting them pick what dress looks best on them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    Does she have any idea what kinds of dresses she likes?  I'd start there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards