July 2012 Weddings

REALLY!?!?!

Since both my children are at Nanas for the week of the wedding i decide to get a bit tipsy. So please excuse my unsympathetic vent! 

My bm from LA told me last month she got a DUI. She said she blew over but when they did a blood test she was under.. ok.. i get it.. find a lawyer.. tonight she posts on fb that she is moving and needs people to help. her boyfriend posts they have a uhaul. I write her going where are you moving? She writes back with IDK we were kicked out. Obviously it takes DAYS to be evicted! So why the F didnt she tell me this weeks ago when I could have bought her a flight!? Instead she waits til 5 days before the wedding.. 3 days before she is supposed to be here with... "im not sure if im going to make it"! really!? Ive known you since I was 16 years old and this is what is going down!? ugh. im so angry. I havent vented to her or expressed my true feelings since im tipsy so i figured here would be best! 

Would you buy her plane ticket?? 
pregnancy calendar

Re: REALLY!?!?!

• I would be angry also, but if it is worth it to you to have her there then yes I would buy her a ticket. No use staying angry over it though, sounds like she has a lot of issues right now and you certainly have more important things to focus your energy on right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_really-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8b036376-6965-40da-a407-6b12ca8ab699Post:8a2092fc-3788-4699-b8cb-5cf6b9f852a1">Re: REALLY!?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would be angry also, but if it is worth it to you to have her there then yes I would buy her a ticket. No use staying angry over it though, sounds like she has a lot of issues right now and you certainly have more important things to focus your energy on right now.
    Posted by dawnleanna1[/QUOTE]

This exactly...she really does have A LOT going on right now and sometimes when there is soo much going on some people have a hard time seeking help...

I would definitely be angry as well...but obviously she really means that much to you and you want to her to be there, then I would offer the plane ticket...
  • Wow!! She may be embarrassed to say anything and thought she could figure things out before your wedding came? Talk to her and see if she still wants to come and that you can pay for the ticket or at least some of it if you really want her there?? 
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It definitely sounds like she was embarrassed, and did not want to admit that she was going through all this. I know it seems like she was not being a good friend to you, but her life is pretty rough right now. Sometimes we can be so focused on our own problems we lose sight of others.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards