Honeymoon Discussions

Narrowed it down to Jamaica, Los Cabos or Huatolco!

After tons of research we are set on a Secrets resort. There were a lot so for one reason or another, we crossed out most. We have finally narrowed it down to Secrets St. James/Montego Bay Jamiaca, Secrets Marquis Los Cabos or Secrets Huatolco. Anyone have experience at any of these resorts or in these locations? Any opinions on safety? Thanks!

Re: Narrowed it down to Jamaica, Los Cabos or Huatolco!

• Those destinations are quite different from one another. Now that you've narrowed down what you want out of the resort, what do you want out of the destination?

• In all honesty, we usually just stay on the resort. We rarely venture outside the resort other than for excursions. So in terms of destination I really just want sunshine and heat! I am thinking I can def get that in any of those locations so perhaps what I am really asking for is resort reviews??
  • You should check out thr reviews on www.tripadvisor.com.  I love that site.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_narrowed-it-down-to-jamaica-los-cabos-or-huatolco?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:e3f87880-ce04-44c7-a1f7-08899c0d4420Post:07727b27-8bd2-4ae9-88b7-22324da98910">Re: Narrowed it down to Jamaica, Los Cabos or Huatolco!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In all honesty, we usually just stay on the resort. We rarely venture outside the resort other than for excursions. So in terms of destination I really just want sunshine and heat! I am thinking I can def get that in any of those locations so perhaps what I am really asking for is resort reviews??
    Posted by jsurmacy[/QUOTE]

I asked my question above because I know that the beach at Secrets in Cabo is not swimmable. So, if you want to swim, it's probably best to choose the others. Also, the Pacific Coast of Mexico does not have the crystal blue waters that you see primarily in the Caribbean. So, while those are things about the destination, they affect the resort property.

I agree about using Trip Advisor as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards