Favors

Inexpensive Favors!?

Bee926Bee926 member
First Comment
I Am Looking For Inexpensive Favors That Aren't Tacky Or To Hard/Time Consuming To Make(Bought Or Made).. Any Ideas?

Wedding Theme Is Damask Print With Red And Black Colors

Re: Inexpensive Favors!?

• What's your version of inexpensive? Mine is less than twenty-five cents a favor. Other brides....it is under five or under a dollar each.
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • You can also skip them entirely and be fine.
  • I just ordered favors off of OrientalTrading.com

I bought green and white swirl lollipops with a custom sticker on them. It was $12.75 for 2 dozen. Plus I just found some awesome coupon codes! I plan on tying a ribbon to each lollipop to dress it up some, but even without I think it will be cute

Just search for "swirl lollipop" and a bunch will show up. I saw both black/white swirl and red/white swirl. Maybe do a combo of both

Codes: (I used ACMAY12 and got $15 dollars off)
    http://www.dealigg.com/story-Oriental-Trading-Coupons-Oriental-Trading-Coupon-Codes-2

Let me know if you need anything else!

• If you don't want tacky and are on a budget, something edible is the way to go.  What's your budget per guest? 
  • Favors can range in price, so definitely keeping a small budget is a good idea. Typically, food items are the best and keeps the price down such as candy or cookies. I found a great website that features favor inspirations and where to purchase products. Check it out and good luck!

• Bee926Bee926 member
    First Comment
    I Don't Want To Spend To Much On Them About $1 per favor
    i seen a picture of a wedding that they had like several vases with different candies and just empty favor boxes with personalized labels... i thought it was pretty creative lol a pick your own favor kind of thing
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_inexpensive-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:3f96beb9-5f1e-40fb-8ec1-13e3a3dcd3f1Post:f08ac030-fa1b-44ba-be9e-00be8f9010ef">Re: Inexpensive Favors!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Don't Want To Spend To Much On Them About $1 per favor i seen a picture of a wedding that they had like several vases with different candies and just empty favor boxes with personalized labels... i thought it was pretty creative lol a pick your own favor kind of thing
    Posted by Bee926[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a candy buffet.  It's what I'm doing but that is running about $4 a person.  Maybe you can get some of those cute little boxes and put candy in them yourself and tie with a cute bow?  That would cut out the need for the candy containers, extra candy to make the display look good, scoops, and what nots which really add up.
  • Check out www.weddingstar.com -- they will ship to the U.S. and they have a lot of inexpensive favours ... :) Good luck!
  • I am thinking gift boxed filled with candy.... those are pretty cheap.  Also, I will be doing votives (mainly as decoration for the tables), but guests are free to take them home.  I am doing 1 per family, so that's about $1 per votive and will be around $100 or so.  The boxes and candy will be less than $50.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Not tacky at all, I did the same for my wedding. Everyone loves candy so it's a great idea. I found a wonderful website that provides inspiration images of favors and candy bars and where to purchase products to get that dream image. Check it out and good luck!

• janegoodey - apparently you missed the pesky little part of the terms of service where vendors arent allowed to advertise on the boards.  How can you trust a vendor who can't follow rules?  All of your posts advertise the website in your post.

reported.
  • If you are interested in personalized and unique favor, i will recomment you to take a look on www.bestgiftsforwedding.com. good luck!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:7cbbb3ed-ad23-4ddd-ad36-12b01ff6d1d1Post:f15f3e23-d4c1-420f-bb65-1e273ecd7c0b">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are interested in the personalized or chinese style favar. Take a look on LINK REMOVED
    Posted by bestgiftsforwedding[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ANOTHER VENDOR!!  Why would anyone trust a vendor who can't even abide by the terms of service they agreed to when coming on the knot?  Reported.</div>
  • KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    I used Hershey bars for my favors and also used them for my placecards as well. I made up a cute wrapper for them using Microsoft Publisher with my theme and colors and then typed each guests name and table number. That way guests could pick them up outside the room, find their table, and then eat the candy. You can get the candy bars on sale for 50 cents a piece at most grocery stores this week.
  • kmmssg - I hope you are using copy and paste because these vendors are keeping you hopping today! Where are they all coming from?

• My centerpieces are oil lamps and blue and clear mason jars, so I'm incorporating those two elements into my favors. Each guest will receice a a small jelly or mason jar filled with old fashioned stick candy along with a small oil lamp. I'm purchsing the oil lamps individually as I find them at our local flea markets / swap meets.Cost per lamp has been $1 to $2. ... So, you might want to check out your local flea markets and swap meets for truely unique favors for your guests at an inexpensive price. I know its a bit different from the usual wedding supply sites, however, you'd be surprised at the wonderful, personalized items you can find at great prices. ... Best of Luck to you.
  • JBC123JBC123 member
    First Comment
    I just finished making the favors for my wedding on Saturday.  There was a 30% off coupon for Party City.  I bought Wilton favor kits (50 ct each) that's a cone shaped box with a heart on top that came with a thank you hangtag and tulle ribbon.  I filled each cone with a wrapped wedding buttermint, a blue/white heart candy and three chocolate kisses.  The ended up costing me 50 cents a piece.  The boxes come in several colors.  I opted for silver since my color is royal blue and all they had was a tiffany blue.  They will look pretty at each placesetting.
    '
    Look for these type of kits and check for coupons (Michaels, Party City) to cut the cost.  The regular cost of the kits were $19.99 each set of 50.  I have just under 100 guests.  Check for bulk rate in candy.  Walmart has BIG bags of kisses for about $9 a bag with about 250 pieces per bag.

Good luck! Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards