Favors

Cheap Candy?

We are doing little boxes filled with candy for our favors but I am having a hard time finding cheap candy, I'm getting ready to toss out the idea...HELP!!

Re: Cheap Candy?

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buy up candy after Christmas and use it
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Ive been kind of looking online and depending on what candy you are looking for it seems to be pretty affordable...Definetly more affordible then in stores.  There are alot of wholesale places online, look there.  Also, look for wholesale candy places in your area.  And just like the above person commeted, after EVERY holiday, Valentines, Easter, Christmas, HALLOWEEN there is left over sale candy that the stores are eager to get rid of...Just find a holiday near your wedding and stock up the day after when it goes on sale.
  • edited December 2011
    See if there isn't a place where you can buy in bulk. We are doing jordan almonds because of the symbolism, and one of our local grocers sells things like this (nuts, candy, spices, etc.) in bulk at a very discounted rate.
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this bulk candy place:  www.candyfavorites.com. They have great prices and free shipping on orders $63.95.
  • edited December 2011
    you can try candywarehouse.com or oriental trading
  • edited December 2011
    You can buy Richardson mints direct from the manufacturer: www.richardsonbrands.com/

They make gourmet mints (the bright colored mints restaurants somtimes have at the entrance), assorted starlites, butter mints, etc.

They have great prices!  ($77 for 30 lbs, $13 for 6lbs for the gourmet mints)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, you might be better off looking for a local retailer. I work at a candy place in CA, and we offer a 30% discount to locals.
    If you have to go the online route, I would sign up for different companies coupon mailing lists, sometimes you get some good deals :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards