California-Orange County
Options

Venue Suggestions

Hi All~

I'm wondering if anyone here could help me with my problem.  My fiance and I have been engaged for a year and we've had a problem with finding a venue because of our tight budget.  But now we're in a rush because his grandmother is sick and my fiance's father is worried she won't make it past this nov =( So I've been doing a lot of research these past few weeks...

We're looking for something similar to the Muckenthaler Mansion or Rancho Capistrano.  Except we're looking for something that isn't so expensive.  (looking to spend $10K on the whole wedding, including dress, and photographer)Pretty much spanish theme and grassy =)  I'd prefer the ceremony to be outdoors but reception can be indoor or outdoors.  We are inviting about 60-70 guests.

I figured since some of you live in the OC, you guys would be more knowledgable. I've been in LA and SD most of my life so... don't know too much about the OC area.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Venue Suggestions

• Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first choice was Rancho Capistrano, but fi and i also had a budget of around $10k, and well, it just wasnt going to work out.  We're having our wedding at the CSUF alumni house (which charges an hourly rate), which is a spanish style home.  However, it doesn't have the grassy outdoor area like rancho capistrano or mukenthaler.  However, it is very affordable.  

If the outdoor grassy ceremony is that important, i would suggest maybe the Clarke Estate in Santa Fe Springs.  It's quite nice and can be affordable.  I think the rental rate for residents was $1,500-2,000 and non-residents about $2,500 or so.  Rental is through the city, i believe.   

Another place I also discovered is the Antheneum building located on the Soka University campus in Mission Viejo.  It's really nice-  it's outdoors with lawns and a manmade lake (like rancho capistrano).  The last i checked a few months ago, the rental fee was about $2k, but you are in charge of all equipment/vendors (catering, party rentals, lighting, etc.).  here's the link: http://www.soka.edu/administration/finance-and-administration/events-and-conferences/available-facilities.aspx

GL!
    ~Rita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out El Adobe De Capistrano. If I remember correctly, they should be within your budget and the style you are going for.

UPDATE:I found the link to the pricing. You can also check out the rooms to see if you like any of them.
    http://www.eladobedecapistrano.com/catering.php

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Ole Hanson Beach Club in San Clemente.  Our total budget is less than yours and it fit nicely.  If you know a resident, there is a resident discount of 25%.  You can bring in all of your own vendors and they provide setup, tables and chairs.

There are a few downsides, like music has to stay indoors and you have to finish by 10pm on a Sat or 9pm on Sun.  But the ocean view is amazing and there's a large grassy area out front that's great for a ceremony.

olehansonbeachclub.com
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    lane85lane85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally different venue, but what about a yacht wedding? Paradiso Yacht Charters has a beautiful yacht that can hold up to 70 guests. They're very flexible with arrangements (you can do it yourself or they can plan with you) and they're affordable.
    www.paradisoyachtcharters.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much everyone!  Planning our wedding has been such a headache!  I'll definitely look into all of these today!

My friend just called me picky and unrealistic =( BOO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards