New York-New York City

Hotel Room for our Wedding Night

This is my first time posting on the NYC board so I apologize for any newbie mistakes.

I'm getting married in NYC on May 22nd and was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel for our wedding night. I'm looking for something with that grand/princessy feel. Have so far contacted both Ritz Carltons, the Essex House, Trump, the Palace, the St. Regis (the woman on the phone was RUDE so that's a no-go).

I'm looking for something more special than just a standard room. If you got married in NY- where did you spend your wedding night?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Room for our Wedding Night

• sushisambasushisamba member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure that this would have the feel you're going for, but we spent our wedding night at On the Ave in the Upper West Side.  We had one of the suites, which had a huge balcony with fantastic views of the Hudson.  It was perfect for us as it was convenient to our wedding location (Central Park Boathouse) and the girls used it to get ready before the wedding.
    Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at The Standard on our wedding night.  I also stayed there the night before and got ready there.  The views are just amazing and I love the styling of the hotel so we really enjoyed. 
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just stayed at Gild Hall all the way in the financial district for the wedding.  Part of the Thompson Group.  We had the penthouse...super swanky...but not princessy.

Did you try the Plaza or the Waldorf Astoria?

edited December 2011
    I would also try the Mandarin Oriental...probably not as princessy, but at Columbus Circle and very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm pretty sure the Plaza is too much for us. Waiting to hear back from the Waldorf. One of our room blocks is actually in the Gild Hill, and my fiance is adamant that we will not be spending our wedding night in the same hotel as his parents and our guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting married at Battery Gardens? I just got married there!
    Honestly, Gild Hall was amazing.
    I had booked the THompson Suite and the week of the wedding they upgraded me to the penthouse which was bigger than my apartment.  

The rooms are gorgeous, and everyone was amazing.

If you like stuff like that, then you can always try one of the other Thompson group hotels....they are all pretty swanky.  Also the Soho Grand.

The Plaza may not be as much as you think.  A friend stayed there for a wedding on a summer weekend and it wasn't as much as they thought it would be.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_hotel-room-wedding-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:23fb60d2-e273-4408-a457-f07d64edeca9Post:9d9326c7-27ed-431b-8ecc-b5d88e8c8701">Re: Hotel Room for our Wedding Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you getting married at Battery Gardens? I just got married there! Honestly, Gild Hall was amazing. I had booked the THompson Suite and the week of the wedding they upgraded me to the penthouse which was bigger than my apartment.   The rooms are gorgeous, and everyone was amazing. If you like stuff like that, then you can always try one of the other Thompson group hotels....they are all pretty swanky.  Also the Soho Grand. The Plaza may not be as much as you think.  A friend stayed there for a wedding on a summer weekend and it wasn't as much as they thought it would be.
    Posted by lisalou402[/QUOTE]
    I am!  Thanks for the suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards