Maryland

Just starting the planning, without a set date..?

I went dress shopping this morning and found my dress! Now I'm looking at color schemes and little details to get an idea of what I'd like whenever we get around to setting a date and actually planning!

We'd like an outdoor ceremony and reception (non-religious, as neither of us are religious at all...), and I don't want to be anywhere near a barn! That's hard to find around the Westminster area, so it's been rather difficult to get an idea of suitable venues. The whole event will be rather small - I don't expect we'll invite more than 90-100 guests, and some of them may require air-conditioning if the day is warmer (we're thinking early to mid May?). Though the Antrim in Taneytown looks nice, it's not really the feel we're going for. A little too extravagant for our taste. We'd like something more fun and funky, as we're both oddballs. Tongue Out Our color scheme will be royal purple and emerald green (our favorite colors!).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Just starting the planning, without a set date..?

• There's a lot of great venues in and around Baltimore.  One I just thought of off the top of my head is the zoo.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• :-(  What's wrong with a barn?  Super ironic my venue is in Westminster, in a barn, it is super hard to find useable barns so I find it very ironic you can't find NOT a barn lol.

What about shade trees and evergreens in Frederick?  It's not super duper close but it's not DC either. 
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • It sounds like you are looking for a lot of the same things that we were, though we are religious we just wanted to have our ceremony and reception in the same spot.  We ended up looking in the Westminster area too.  Though we now live in northern Baltimore County, most of our guests (and bridal party) are in the Carroll County area.  Roops Inn is nice.  Our friends had a wedding in their garden area, but they were prepared to have it indoors if the weather didn't cooperate.  We were also looking for that option since my fiance has MS, and he can't stand the heat for our July wedding. 
    We ended up choosing the Westminster Riding Club, which only has an indoor ceremony option.  Though it used to be a barn, I never would have guessed this.  There are still exposed wood ceilings, but I consider it to be more modern looking.  http://wrclub.org/facilities.html.
    Though not in Westminster, there is the South Carroll Swim Club.  I don't know if they have ceremonies outside though. 
    I just did random searches on like "banquet hall" "wedding" and "maryland" to get some ideas.  Or you can look at local caterers pages, sometimes they have places where they have already worked out of.  That is how I got a few ideas too. 
    Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello, check out Sweet Sensations LLC. Other than a venue, they can help you with almost everything else. Catering, cakes, decor, linens, coordination, lighting, centerpieces, chiavari chairs, you name it, they have it.

• What a great time in your life planning can be frustrating, time consuming and confusinng, but, also fun if you let it be.  Good luck and have fun.  When you are ready for your cake look me up www.glitteringimagescakedesigns.com and ask for Cathy :-)
  • Hve you looked into the Hebron House in Ellicott City? Nice out door setting with a huge ampitheatre for the ceremony part
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards