Hawaii
Options

Would it be weird??

Ok so I am having an AHR for friends and faimly who could and couldnt make it to HI. For our wedding, we are getting married on the beach, and then  having a luau reception. Is it odd not to have a cake at the luau reception, and just do the cake at the AHR?

Re: Would it be weird??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to have cake, there's nothing wrong with that!
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing a cake at our ceremony/ Maui part. I'm not sure how many guests you are inviting but I have about 25 immediate family and close friends coming to our ceremony - we will be married on the beach and then either head back to one of our condo's for food and drinks or go to a luau..... which ever we choose will be pretty low key. We aren't doing any traditional stuff reception-wise in Maui - it's all being saved for our AHR where we will do cake, toasts, etc.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that!  To be honest, when you are in Hawaii and you're all hot and muggy - cake doesn't sound that good.  Bottom line:  it's your wedding and you can do whatever you feel comfortable with! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nothing wrong with that as PP said!

we're doing an AHR too. We're not having a cake but some yummy desserts.

It's your wedding so you can do whatever you want :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say save the cake for the AHR and enjoy some type of local sweets like a pinapple upside down dessert or hula pie with your guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards