Wisconsin

Budget DJ - Milwaukee Area

I'm looking for budget-friendly DJ recommendations.  At the same time, we don't want to end up having a horrible experience because we paid too little.  We're getting married in downtown Milwaukee.  Thanks in advance! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Budget DJ - Milwaukee Area

• edited December 2011
    I guess it might depend on when you are getting married, but for our winter wedding Midwest Sound is charging $595 for 6 hours (2 hours of "dinner" music).  I don't know how much they charge for a spring or summer wedding though.  I've heard a lot of great things and they look like a well established company.  I know they also offer discounts if you are using one of their recommended/partner venders for your wedding.

GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to say Midwest Sound...I think their rates are $200-$300 than PP mentioned more for a wedding during "peak" season, but I might be totally off on that.
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on your definition of budget friendly, but we used All Star Music and Sept. '08 we paid roughly 800 (2hrs cocktail & dinner, 4 hours dance)

They were FANTASTIC.  They listened to everything we asked for, kept the night moving (emcee type role), checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy with how things were going and to make sure we had a drink in hand if wanted and that we had a chance to eat if needed - he seriously took care of us all night, he kept the dance floor so packed all night (stuck to our suggested song list because he trusted that we knew our crowd to know what music to play) that I didn't even realize that it was midnight!

He also worked with my aunt to surprise me - I come from an Italian family and my grandfather was unable to travel from OR to the wedding so he wanted to dedicate "That's Amore" to Matt and I - so my granpa called me and right as he did the song started playing and he congratulated me and then told me to go dance with my new DH and that he loved us both.

They also sent us a thank you card for letting them be a part of our wedding a few weeks later and then also sent us a card on our anniversary.  It was a very nice touch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Midwest Sound also. Our wedding is next July and we are paying 745 for 6 hrs (2 hrs dinner music)
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Complete Music. THe DJ we picked is BIll - he was awesome at my friends wedding. I think it was around $600-$800 for the night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards