Registry and Gift Forum

Scam Upon our Star Website?

Is this site a scam anyone have history with it/ I am having trouble collecting funds and there is no phone #

Re: Scam Upon our Star Website?

• In Response to Re:Scam Upon our Star Website?:[QUOTE]Is this site a scam anyone have history with it/ I am having trouble collecting funds and there is no phone Posted by jess and patrick[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's any more of a scam than any other cash registry ...
  • Anyone use Upon our Star website and have trouble?
  • I've heard of some people having problems with it.

I always figured it was karma.  
  • Well, I think any gift website that keeps a cut of the gift is a scam, but that's neither here nor there.

I haven't heard of the site keeping all the money, though.
    Did you try contacting them through their email?
    http://www.uponourstar.com/wedding-gift-registry-ContactUs.aspx
    (I'm guessing you did, I'm just double checking.)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re:Scam Upon our Star Website?:[QUOTE]I've heard of some people having problems with it.I always figured it was karma. nbsp; Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

Teehee. Lol.
  • I am using the site (www.uponourstar.com) too!

(I was googling for reviews too!) and so far, I am really happy with feedback from our friends/family... People think it is really a fun idea, since we really tried to mix it with fun "Wishes" as well as practical things we need like paint for our fixer upper!

It was so easy to set up and so much fun to add things I, can't wait until the wedding is done and I can start using my "wishes!"  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_scam-upon-our-star-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f3c094ca-f32b-4efe-8b88-743ba16b5384Post:5cf0aea1-4621-464f-ac97-2596523ca490">Scam Upon our Star Website?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this site a scam anyone have history with it/ I am having trouble collecting funds and there is no phone #
    Posted by jess and patrick[/QUOTE]

Have you received your funds yet? I'm just at my 14 day mark and I have sent 4 emails with no response. :(
  • I just want to post that I did recieve all my funds. For anyone else that has this issue in the future, I know how scary it is to see all these other post without an answer if anyone recieved their money yet. But I did. I had to go through PayPal. I will say Uponourstar customer service sucks. They need a phone number and they do not responded to emails quickly but in the end all that matters is that we got our money.
  • I just removed all my registry items for contributions towards the house we're building. My friends and family felt uncomfortable sending their money to an unknown place instead of directly into our pockets. They also didn't like the idea of someone taking a cut out of their contribution. I have tried emailing with no response, even though I let them know I would remove my registry if we couldn't figure something out. We'll be doing contributions at the wedding or through bank transfers. Even if it had worked out, they would've taken a cut, and it would've been stressful during an already super stressful time.

• This site is a total scam. We have been trying to receive our funds for over a month and a half. DO NOT USE THEM. We are telling everyone who donated to notify their CC companies of fraud.
  • Agreed, unfortunately I think this is a scam. Totally gutted and feel very stupid.
  • Some of you people are so rude with your black and white traditions. Maybe consider the fact that people have different needs. My sister asked for only money for her shower because she and her now husband were joining the peace corps and didn't need shit like blenders, plates and towels. Some people use services such as a cash registry for either convenience or personal lifestyle. And if guests really think shitty of the bride and groom then it's best they don't attend the wedding. Their loss anyways for being a judgmental snob like most of the posters on this website. Good luck to you and your Lennox plates you received at your shower that you probably only use once a year or likely even never used.

If you want cash, don't register and when people ask tell them you are saving for the future. It's that simple. Everyone in the world knows cash is an appreciated gift, you don't have to tell them. Asking for cash is rude regardless of your situation. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Some of you people are so rude with your black and white traditions. Maybe consider the fact that people have different needs. My sister asked for only money for her shower because she and her now husband were joining the peace corps and didn't need shit like blenders, plates and towels. Some people use services such as a cash registry for either convenience or personal lifestyle. And if guests really think shitty of the bride and groom then it's best they don't attend the wedding. Their loss anyways for being a judgmental snob like most of the posters on this website. Good luck to you and your Lennox plates you received at your shower that you probably only use once a year or likely even never used.
    It doesn't matter what you need.  I need money too.  Does that mean it's okay to tell people "Hey, since you're going to give me some kind of gift for Christmas, make it cash!"?  No, it doesn't. 

• For those of you that posted above indicating that you had trouble collecting funds from Upon Our Star, did any of you receive them in the end? How long did it take? Unfortunately, I am in the same position now.
  • This thread is form 2012. Sorry, but you probably aren't going to get any responses except from people telling you that you shouldn't have used a cash registry.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards