October 2012 Weddings
Options

Seriously Post office?!

So, we are still waiting on 70 something RSVPs.  We started texting people to tell them to get them sent out.  We have now had three people text us back saying they never got invites.  I sent them!!  I never got them back RTS.  This is frustrating, I hope they don't think "It got lost in the mail" is a likely story! 
Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Seriously Post office?!

• Options
    Don't feel bad, we've had the same thing! When hunting down RSVPs, I found out that 2 invites in addition to the RTS we got back were lost. :( One additional one was our fault, we sent it to their old address a week after they moved and it didn't get forwarded.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Same problems here - two people (that we know of) never got their invites. 

Come on USPS, you can do better than this!!!
    543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Same problems here - two people (that we know of) never got their invites.  Come on USPS, you can do better than this!!!
    Posted by amandaorgan[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Same problems here - two people (that we know of) never got their invites.  Come on USPS, you can do better than this!!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Mine was ridiculous, I know of two invites that never got delivered and at least 4 RSVP's that didn't get delivered to me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Evites sound better and better everyday!

Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yep! The USPS sucks these days. Several of my bridal shower invites didn't get received by some people that are family and we sent them. They were very offended. I have no idea on the number of wedding invites that didn't get received as I haven't reached out yet. My RSVP date is Monday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_seriously-post-office?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:b9be0e3e-8b7b-4c60-bd19-b19f576f6ef3Post:52befb84-d119-4a16-a199-b60f2258626c">Re:Seriously Post office?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep! The USPS sucks these days. Several of my bridal shower invites didn't get received by some people that are family and we sent them. They were very offended. I have no idea on the number of wedding invites that didn't get received as I haven't reached out yet. My RSVP date is Monday.
    Posted by krystlelynn212[/QUOTE]

My RSVP date is also Monday.  We started reaching out because the wedding rate for hotel rooms ended on the 26th.  When someone said they didn't get invited it red flagged us to investigate. 
  • Options
    rsvp date is also monday fmil started emailing people like 2 weeks ago if they had not sent in their rsvps--- shes crazy but need less to day we are now only missing a few responses and those people we pretty much know they are coming.... she said she would ask them at my shower this weekend if they mailed them yet! you figure if they rsvp yes to the shower they will more than likely be coming to the wedding right?

but my sil sent their rsvp back right when they got the invite and i didnt get it for 2 weeks!!! but most i got a day or 2 after people mailed them!
  • Options
    We got 2 invitations sent back to us after the RSVP date had already passed.  It is very frustrating.  I'm hoping some of the missing RSVPs (that we're contacting this weekend) were lost in the mail, but most of them are probably nos anyways.
  • Options
    Canada Post isn't any better. At least 5 invitations never made it to their destination, including my friend who lives 15 minutes away from me!

Why is delivering a letter so hard?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards