Opinions for possible menu

Appetizers:

Fruit salad

Finger sandwiches

Cheese and cracker tray

Veggie and dip tray

Drinks:

Coffee

Lemon aide (readily available with plastic cups and kept filled throughout the evening)

Iced tea (readily available with plastic cups and kept filled throughout the evening)

Juice boxes and yoohoo boxes for the kids (with dinner and plenty to last)

Sparkling juice (at the dinner table in glass)

Water (at the dinner table in glass)

*we have also decided on a small cash bar (we are doing a cash bar to keep drinking down because its a mixed age event and we were originally going to skip it altogether)

Adult menu:

Assorted rolls and margarine at each table

Tossed salad

Slow roasted sliced beef Or Boneless, skinless chicken breast with a marinate

Baby red potatoes with herbs

Green beans with sautéed onions and bacon

*Kids will be at a seperate table decorated in a kid friendly manner with sitter) 

Kids menu: (serve first)

Hot dog or chicken tenders (like the Tyson breaded chicken breast tenders)

Assorted bags of single serve chips

Jello (maybe lime or cherry or both)

A variety of sliced apples, oranges slices, and bananas to leave sitting on the kids table.  

Re: Opinions for possible menu

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_opinions-possible-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:7a919356-d3e5-40fc-9bf5-6d42e8f74a0aPost:eb450ab8-08e8-449b-968c-016e4bd35324">Re: Opinions for possible menu</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Opinions for possible menu : Both menus sound fine. I would suggest: 1.  Seating kids with their parents for dinner so they can be supervised to be sure the kid is eating what they are supposed to/avoiding things they can't eat.  They can play at the kids' table before/after dinner. 2.  Making sure there is a vegetarian entree option available if you need one. 3. Getting out of the mindset that a cash bar keeps drinking down. If paying for drinks kept people from having too much, bars/liquor stores would go out of business.  Host what you can afford and a bartender should be carding guests to be sure no one under legal age is served.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]
    This this this.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto duds.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for what Duds said.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *The whole thing is one menu.

*The cash bar also releases us from liability if something would happen due to our guests drinking. Its not really a matter of the cost for us and had originally decided against alcohol altogether. This is the compromise that we came to on the bar issue. The shortest distance that any of our guest will be traveling is 1 hr. I would be devastate if any of them were to be injured due to drinking and I cant even contemplate how I would handle it if we were liable for something so awful.

* I asked the parents that will be attending with their kids and they LOVE the idea of having the nanny table, lol. I wont be having any dairy, nuts, or seafood for the kids so I have covered all my basis with parents there too.

*I don't have any guest requesting a vegetarian meal or any other type of special diet other than seafood allergies so we decided to go with chicken.
  • Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you're that worried about people drinking and driving, then don't serve alcohol at all.  Cash bars are not well regarded here.  Dry weddings are fine.

What will you do if someone asks for a vegetarian option at the reception? 

I assume there will be cake for dessert?  Lots of people like to have coffee with dessert, so it would be nice to have that available.  What about soft drinks as well?  Champagne toast?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There will be cake for desert and coffee will be readily available throughout the whole evening along with lemonaide and iced tea. Instead of a champagne toast we are going with a sparkling juice.

Maybe we will revert back to the dry wedding v the cash bar (even though it does seem quite common around here. The last 5 we have been to had a cash bar)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards