North Carolina-Outer Banks

Outer Banks wedding

Has anyone used beach ball events for their wedding? We both really want to get married on a beach in the outer banks and I'm looking for something/one to make this out of state wedding really easy and convenient.  I'm just wondering if it is really worth the money or if it is cheaper to do the leg work myself and find all services myself (florists, caterer, etc...) HELP!!!!

Re: Outer Banks wedding

• hldubblehldubble member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used beach ball events for their wedding? We both really want to get married on a beach in the outer banks and I'm looking for something/one to make this out of state wedding really easy and convenient.  I'm just wondering if it is really worth the money or if it is cheaper to do the leg work myself and find all services myself (florists, caterer, etc...) HELP!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    There are some really great beach hotels and resorts that can help plan your OBX destination wedding in North Carolina.  Try google searching for "Carolina Beach Weddings" - this beach is near Wilmington.  You can also try google searching for "Atlantic Beach Weddings" -- this beach is closer to Beaufort, part of the "Crystal Coast."  Both destinations are very picturesque.  As a NC resident, and an owner of a townhouse in a city on the Pamlico Sound, I love the beach.  Now, I'm not getting married at the beach -- we chose a July wedding date, and in July the beaches are very crowded... not to mention it's HOT in NC in the summer!  So, an evening wedding while the sun is setting would be VERY picturesque.  

Hope that helps! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    In addition to my PP, I also wanted to mention that planning a destination wedding, especially at the beach where a lot of rental things would be needed (chairs, altar or arch, etc) it's less of a heartache if you either hire a wedding coordinator to help you take care of it (if you're using separate vendors) ... or get an all-in-one package.  The all-in-one's generally cost more because they factor in the cost of an on-site wedding coordinator, usually, and then of course there are some that really jack up the price.  I would try posting on the destination weddings board (or something like that) to see what other feedback you can get about specific locations.  NC has an outer banks local board as well.  Good luck!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into an all inclusive package for the Outer Banks, but ended up going with a hotel.  Why?  It was cheaper!  We used Ramada Plaza Hotel, they were able to help with other vendor recommondations, they catered the dinner, they set up the whole reception even the centerpieces and we used 80% of their items for that, they were our DOC.  The only things I had to go out and get were the typical stuff...officiant, cake lady, photographer, dj, florist, and chair rentals.

Officiant - Rev. Jay Bowman, absolutely 100% AMAZING he's the best down there
    Cake - Patti Cakes, Emily is so creative, her cakes look and taste AMAZING, and she's cheaper than the other bakeries around since she's near the boarder of VA/NC
    Photographer, DJ, and Violinist - Sue and Matt Artz of OBX Violin - they're a husband and wife team for the price of one!  I got 6 hrs of photography, violinist for the ceremony, and 4 hrs of DJ for the reception ALL for $2400...the pictures are ABSOLUTELY stunning that we got back from them!
    Florist - OBX Wedding Flowers, Michelle is AWESOME at what she does.  She's been doing flower at the beach for only a few years, but had a business in NYC for a looooong time before coming down to the beach.  Her prices cannot be beat and her work with any type of flower is flawless!
    Chairs - Metro Rental, we used Ramada's beach access for our beachside ceremony so we rented chairs (for every butt that attended) from Metro, they set up just like I wanted, showed up on time, they were SO helpfull with times, and they beat other companies pricing.

I planned a destination wedding to OBX all by myself and if you take it 1 step at a time instead of trying to sit down and figure out the whole picture all at once it really isn't that difficult.  As long as you take your time to do ample research and trust your gut instincts you'll do great!

If you have any questions all of the ladies here are great - just ask away!
    imageAnniversary
  • dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just part of a wedding that was coordinated by beach ball and I really couldn't recommend them.  The bride was not happy and for good reason.  She had a hard time planning the wedding and felt like she was just a number.  They provided the basics but didn't do a good job making her day special or really doing much coordinating other than putting out some chairs.  The coordinator didn't know any basic details or seemed to have much idea of what was going on.  The bride ended up doing most of the direction giving instead.  Message me if you'd like more details.
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • hldubblehldubble member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info girls!  i'm still a little nervous about what is included in their package price? Can you really pull off the wedding with what is supplied or do you need to purchase a lot of extras ie: bridesmaid flowers, chair covers, open bar??? does anyone know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards