Options

Baby Naming & Siblings

2»

Re: Baby Naming & Siblings

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:776c99d6-7d6e-439c-9616-b22c92c19a1c">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle, BF's nickname (and the only name he responds to) is a shortened form of his last name, which starts with M. He runs into that problem all the time with people having no clue what his name is. Sidenote: I think Macy is a really pretty name. <strong>Sidenote 2: I am now intrigued as to what desert's name/nickname is.
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Me too!!
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The problem with all those J names?  Everyone picks the same ones...

Bourghem's FI's family?  Has all the same names as my BF's family...except for one. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Grandma and her sisters were Della, Stella and Ella.  I don't know what's worse, all with the same first letter or all of them rhyming
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:776c99d6-7d6e-439c-9616-b22c92c19a1c">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle, BF's nickname (and the only name he responds to) is a shortened form of his last name, which starts with M. He runs into that problem all the time with people having no clue what his name is. Sidenote: I think Macy is a really pretty name. Sidenote 2: I am now intrigued as to what desert's name/nickname is.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I'll send you a PM with Desert's name!  (Kidding, Desert.  I wouldn't do that.  It's not mine to divulge).

Thanks for saying you like my name.  I've always kinda hated it.  Also, I'm glad your BF has the same problem with the M lol!

Chris -- Yeah, I've been called by your name a couple of times, too.  But the most common one for me is Lacey.  I also get called Megan a lot.  Since you know my last name, you can probably figure out why.  (ooooh, cryptic for those of you who aren't in the loop.)
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:ae1ad616-5df1-4824-9002-5cf87e4e4eb3">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Naming & Siblings : I'll send you a PM with Desert's name!  (Kidding, Desert.  I wouldn't do that.  It's not mine to divulge). Thanks for saying you like my name.  I've always kinda hated it.  Also, I'm glad your BF has the same problem with the M lol! Chris -- Yeah, I've been called by your name a couple of times, too.  But the most common one for me is Lacey.  I also get called Megan a lot.  Since you know my last name, you can probably figure out why. <strong>(ooooh, cryptic for those of you who aren't in the loop.)
    </strong>Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Loop!!

Yeah I can see why they would do that and it would be annoying. I want to make sure my children never have to deal with the annoying name thing. The only thing they might have to deal with that I can't change is BF's last name, if it becomes theirs as well.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:31e98a9a-f1b4-4401-a7df-ecd4523296d8">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Naming & Siblings : I'm in the Loop!! Yeah I can see why they would do that and it would be annoying. I want to make sure my children never have to deal with the annoying name thing. <strong>The only thing they might have to deal with that I can't change is BF's last name, if it becomes theirs as well.</strong>
    Posted by cdechristopher[/QUOTE]

I keep thinking that FI's last name might give me some fun opportunities to create interesting names and torture my children the way I was tortured.  I really like his last name, which is part of the reason that I'm ok with giving the kids his last name by itself, instead of a hyphenation.  Plus, I have two brothers who can pass down my last name.
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:af3a1ab7-1670-4bf3-9861-2ca27edecb36">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Grandma and her sisters were Della, Stella and Ella.  I don't know what's worse, all with the same first letter or all of them rhyming
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Rhyming...definitely!

My mom is a twin and their names are Sherry & Terry.  Their younger brother's name is Barry.  Then my aunt Terry married Larry.  My sister's name is Carrie.  Carrie married Terry and now my nephew's name is Terry.    Way too damn confusing and incredibly annoying at family functions because they all sound alike so they all answer. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

In age order, Rylee, Micah, Jordyn, Jeremy, and Darian.
    Not really common, but not completely obscure either. There was a naming thing going around the family, (JMK, JMK) They wanted each child in the family to follow it, so My name (before I legally changed it) was Jenna, my cousin- Jessica, then came Micah and my cousin - Megan. When Micah and Megan got together all hell would break loose, so they quit that tradition. My cousins all have very generic, "normal" names, caleb, joshua, etc.

SO and I have talked, and this is an ongoing thing with us lol. He wants Hunter James, I want Aiden Tyler. Trinity is actually a name we've tossed around for a daughter. We want something that ties in with some part of our current family (such as may for my grandma and someone in his family) and he wants John (his middle name). My biggest issue? NO CORNELIUS!! (his dad's name and his brother's middle name...I don't like corky LOL) 

He actually brought up "how about Magnus" this morning..... I told him I was NOT naming my child after a condom...also, how would he like his son to be called Maggie?? LOL

I agree with PP's, I don't think we will have a name actually agreed upon until we see the child.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:ae1ad616-5df1-4824-9002-5cf87e4e4eb3">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Naming & Siblings : I'll send you a PM with Desert's name!  (Kidding, Desert.  I wouldn't do that.  It's not mine to divulge). Thanks for saying you like my name.  I've always kinda hated it.  Also, I'm glad your BF has the same problem with the M lol! Chris -- Yeah, I've been called by your name a couple of times, too.  But the most common one for me is Lacey.  I also get called Megan a lot.  Since you know my last name, you can probably figure out why.  (ooooh, cryptic for those of you who aren't in the loop.)
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Facebook to the rescue ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:58b8bf64-f97a-4997-afaf-b9cbbe7f9d52">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Naming & Siblings : Rhyming...definitely! My mom is a twin and their names are Sherry & Terry.  Their younger brother's name is Barry.  Then my aunt Terry married Larry.  My sister's name is Carrie.  Carrie married Terry and now my nephew's name is Terry.    Way too damn confusing and incredibly annoying at family functions because they all sound alike so they all answer. 
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

OMG I got tongued just reading that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_baby-naming-siblings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78ce32b6-973d-4d8b-872e-9e7ebd169e07Post:ac8bf3b7-2ebe-4dd2-8747-fd35653d59b2">Re: Baby Naming & Siblings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Naming & Siblings : Facebook to the rescue ;)
    Posted by AJesteram[/QUOTE]

LOL!
  • Options
    kibo8kibo8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and her three sisters all had the initials KLD. Hate it! I think if I had twins I might to the same first initial, but nothing too matchy. For example, I like the names Alexander and Arianna.

BF and I have completely different tase in names. We agreed on Arianna for a girl, but for a boy he wants to name him Brass.

No, that is not a joke.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards