Snarky Brides

It's Wednesday.

We're halfway there!

I'm in a quality assurance workshop all day today, should be not interesting at all.

Crazy warm front here right now, it's warmer in Toronto today than it is in LA. Weird!!

Have a great day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's Wednesday.

• It is warm here as well, but rainy and humid as all get out. 

Last night FI and I "pre-registered" and determined what would go on which registry when we finally go to the store (he really wants to use that scanner gun thing). He was actually pretty into it and is now excited about going to register. Other than that, had a great Spanish tapas dinner with our neighborhood dinner group last night.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning,

Over the past few days we have got about a foot and a half of snow.
    This is getting old fast.

Pickle that is what my FI is excited for too! we still haven't gotten around do doing that yet though.

I didn't do much last night, I finished a book FI was gone most of last night getting ready to go snowboarding. so I just hung out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Morning ladies! I don't feel good today. Big plans are wait for Pitch Perfect to come in the mail and watch it and knit- that's it. 

Pickle- dinner group? it is a community thing or your friends? Either way, yum!
  • Good morning. It is pouring today here. I need to mail my little sister's bridesmaid dress to her today. I think it will fit in the flat rate box.
  • Hey everyone!

Cast lists went up at lunch yesterday, so rehearsals will begin asap. The next six weeks are going to be crazy, and I'm looking forward to it.

Getting tired of not seeing workout results, and am in week three of upping my calories. I'll see what the scale brings on Monday.

Anywho ...

Wedding question!

I'm such a cool bride,so  I'm giving all the bms their choice of dress. Sage green chiffon. I'm struggling with picking something for DD though. Everything looks either too babyish or too grown up, kwim? She'll be ten next month, so she's right in the middle. She's a 'grown up' ten, if that makes sense. So, my question:

Would you have her wear the same colour or not? If not, what would you pick to compliment the sage worn by the others?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, and since we're talking weather this morning, we're at -16, going to +5 (holy crap), then back to -22 in the next three days.

Not cool at all. It's going to be an ice-tastic week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awe Jenny your weather posts make me so sad.

I have no idea, The same color sounds nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Don't be sad, Apple. It's been nice, but cold, for the last week. I don't mind. This huge jump and major freeze will make things messy for a few days, but overall, it's not so bad. After all, I'm a reformed winter-hater. It's all good.

I was thinking the same colour, but am having a hard time finding something that will work. I found an organza one that I know she'll love, but the green isn't going to be the same. I'm just working hard to find something in chiffon, and the school fliters won't let me access a lot of sites - ugh!

I don't want to she her this one, because she'll love it and want it. I need choices first!

http://www.amazon.com/CINDERELLA-COUTURE-Crystal-Cascading-Dress-Black-4/dp/B00ATVM5GC/ref=sr_1_18_mc?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1359554339&sr=1-18
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenny, my only issue with that one is I feel like in 10 years, she'll ask what was she thinking. But Ilike classic, so that's just me. What if she wore a forrest green or even like a champagne color? 
  • I'm like you, sunshine, but she's the damn flower-y-ist kid in the world. When we began talking about the wedding, she looked at dresses online, and everything she liked was a ballgown style, most had pickups ... She was horrified when I told her that I didn't think she needed a floor length gown.

(oh, and she's a tad dramatic.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenny, that dress is cute but I agree with misssunshine that looking back you will both wish she had worn something more classic.  So maybe hold off a bit before deciding on that one.  Do you have any accent colors besides the green?  I like the champagne suggestion too, and you could probably even add a sage green chiffon sash to it.  I found an almost perfect dress for our flower girl on clearance for $20, made a few modifications to it and it was gorgeous.

In Wednesday news, I've got nothing.  My neck has been sore since the weekend and I'm pretty sick of it.  I had a cavity filled yesterday but it wasn't too bad.  Have to do another one in two weeks though.  No idea what's for dinner or what I'm doing tonight.  It's a pretty boring day!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • sunshine -- we live in a very tight-knit community, some of our closest friends are our neighbors. About every other week someone hosts a potluck-style dinner, each time with a different theme.

jenny -- I've been having the same issue with my jr. bridesmaids/flower girls. the toughest part is that my sister is mother to 4 of them, so I have to find something cost-effective. I thought a lot of the dresses at http://www.8gradegraduationdresses.com were very fairly priced, but I have no idea if they have anything near your color. In your situation, I'm wondering if you could find a floral/multi-colored dress that might compliment the other ladies but also make her stand out? just an idea, and admittedly not a very good one.  ;)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Jenny I think that dress is cute. Personally I would go for green even if it is a different shade. This dress comes in jr sizes and I think it would be cute. http://www.bestbridalprices.com/index.php?main_pageproduct_infoproducts_id65892 Aak when I click on it it just goes to the Main page It is Jordan 941
  • I don't have an accent colour really - and only decided on sage the day before yesterday. My only concern with putting her in a champagne-y colour is that she's a very fair blonde and I don't want to wash her complexion out. A darker colour would work better.

Yeah, I always pick classic things for me too. Her - not so much!

I don't think the David's one is available in Canada. I've seen a similar one on their site, but not quite the same. I love the Jordan one (for me), but I'm not sure about the colours.

I've been so low-key about thw whole wedding that it's creeping up on me. We're having an outdoor wedding at FI's cousin's lodge, which is by a lake. So I envision a campy type thing (that orignial dress is so NOT campy). First bm has picked a sage green, grecian style dress. She's a larger woman and I know it will be flattering. Second bm hasn't picked anything yet, and MOH hasn't committed to the wedding. (She just found out that she's pregnant and will be due in August. I'm not pressuring her either way - she'll let me know when the time is right).

My dress is a very simple, strapless mermaid style. I'm thinking about adding decorative buttons down the back, but that's it. There's a bow on the front, and a little bit of organza peeking out of the top. Very classic. Very me. I may or may not do a birdcage.

Planning on simple, mixed summer flower bouquets, lots of candles in jars and strings of lights. Haven't decided whether to do a mailbox or birdcage for the cards, and there will be a bonfire and dancing under the stars.

so I'd pick something more simple too, but she's got her heart set on 'fancy.' so I'm open to suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning! Things have been (finally!) picking up at work - so I haven't been around as much.
    We got our proof for RSVP cards from the printer - I'm trying to edit them so I can post them on here to get opinions, as I'm not sure how much I like them so far. In other wedding news, we've gone back and forth on our honeymoon (Cabo or the Alaskan cruise) and decided to stick to the cruise. We've also confirmed our florist. Everything feels like it's coming together!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tiffany - I've been thinking about an Alaskan cruise too. What put you over the top?

I've never done a cruise before, and am not sure how I feel about them. I know people love them.

Weather update: it's snowing now. 5-10 cms today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! Strangely warm, but severe weather here today. Block exams are friday, so I'm going in later to keep the library open for a few extra hours. Just lounging around for a bit now. 

jenny, I kind of like the floofy dress. It's definitely young and sparkly and not going to be her style forever, but that's kind of why she could wear it. I mean, I wore some gooofy stuff in my younger days (umm, lime green foam platform sandals, among other things), but it was all stuff I loved at the time. 
  • Jenny, your wedding plans sound beautiful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:14be8911-ef29-4ad0-8505-450499c71845Post:80ed1239-50de-4e16-adc4-db620e9f0f55">Re: It's Wednesday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have an accent colour really - and only decided on sage the day before yesterday. My only concern with putting her in a champagne-y colour is that she's a very fair blonde and I don't want to wash her complexion out. A darker colour would work better. Yeah, I always pick classic things for me too. Her - not so much! I don't think the David's one is available in Canada. I've seen a similar one on their site, but not quite the same. I love the Jordan one (for me), but I'm not sure about the colours. I've been so low-key about thw whole wedding that it's creeping up on me. <strong>We're having an outdoor wedding at FI's cousin's lodge, which is by a lake. So I envision a campy type thing</strong> (that orignial dress is so NOT campy). First bm has picked a sage green, grecian style dress. She's a larger woman and I know it will be flattering. Second bm hasn't picked anything yet, and MOH hasn't committed to the wedding. (She just found out that she's pregnant and will be due in August. I'm not pressuring her either way - she'll let me know when the time is right). My dress is a very simple, strapless mermaid style. I'm thinking about adding decorative buttons down the back, but that's it. There's a bow on the front, and a little bit of organza peeking out of the top. Very classic. Very me. I may or may not do a birdcage. Planning on simple, mixed summer flower bouquets, lots of candles in jars and strings of lights. Haven't decided whether to do a mailbox or birdcage for the cards, and there will be a bonfire and dancing under the stars. so I'd pick something more simple too, but she's got her heart set on 'fancy.' so I'm open to suggestions!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Oh that changes my answer. That dress is much too forrmal. How about picking out a pretty easter type dress? 
  • We had our recording breaking warm day yesterday, but it rained heavily.  Today it's much colder with snow expected this afternoon, which is cool since H has a snow plowing biz.

Been to the gym and back; just have to get ready for work.

Jenny - I probably already asked this or someone else has - but how did you end up in the Tundra?  I get the feeling you're not from there originally.

I want Alaskan cruise as well; much more than I'd want a warm climate cruise.
  • Bunni, I think that while it's formal, it's still flowy and a lot less formal than the ones she's already eyeballing... I'm holding out for as long as I can with her, but she's getting antsy again. I was originally thinking of something in a floral print, but since the other bm picked something a little more formal than I was expecting, I know DD will want to do the same.

Thanks tlc, it says a lot about who we are as a couple: fun, outdoorsy, laid back...

Marrin, I grew up in the most easterly point in North America, just outside of St. John's, Newfoundland, and moved up here (Labrador - same province, just part of mainland Canada) last fall. FI had a permanent teaching position up here, and since there are NO teaching jobs in the area I was living, it was either relocate or go back to waiting tables to pay the bills and do some supply teaching.

My only regret about coming here is that DS (age 12) decided that he wanted to stay on the island with his dad. It breaks my heart that he made that choice, but I have to support it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll have to look at a map of Canada to get my bearings.  I have a friend who just moved to Brunswick from New Zealand.  They are originally from Vancouver but their two kids were born and raised in NZ so they're getting a little culture shock.  Plus they were coming from spring/summer to pure winter.
  • I'm super busy at work today, but I just wanted to drop in and say hi!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:14be8911-ef29-4ad0-8505-450499c71845Post:c58e357f-5609-47cb-9ddb-54d8b5b84a1e">Re: It's Wednesday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Tiffany - I've been thinking about an Alaskan cruise too. What put you over the top? </strong> I've never done a cruise before, and am not sure how I feel about them. I know people love them. Weather update: it's snowing now. 5-10 cms today.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

We really wanted the warmer weather - which is why Cabo was so high on the list. But, we both don't have our passports and can easily get the enhanced license to go to Canada from WA. We also live in the Seattle area, so logistically it's easy to just get a ride downtown and get on the ship.
    Also - FI is changing his last name, so we're waiting for that process and didn't want to risk getting too close with the passports for it to not work out the way we needed it to.

When I was about 15 my parents took my sister and I on a cruise (we lived in CA then) to Mexico - it was a great time. My mom also pointed out that the AW that I am, I'll love the cruise knowing we're on our HM ;)

We'll do the Cabo trip for our 1 year anniversary.
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Jenny, your wedding plans sound lovely. I think if your DD is the only junior bridesmaid and you can't find a dress in a matching shade as the rest, having her in a different shade of green would look nice. 

I've been really busy today too, so just saying hi! In my couple free minutes I've had at work, I've been researching flights to Maui for this August. 

Oh, and the knot posted this gem today....
    ETA: While the bride looks stunning, everyone else looks ridiculous. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow Buzz, I think I just vomited a little bit.

• Buzz - I just saw your post about the wedding. I'm seriously embarrassed for them. That's insane.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards