New York-Long Island

In need of a review:

Hi Ladies,

I'm recently engaged, and our search for a venue has begun. We recently went to the Jericho Terrace. The prices were amazing and the food selection seemed to be plentiful. However, if someone has had a wedding there recently or been to a wedding there recently, I'd like some pros and cons. I'm especially curious about how the food TASTES. There's nothing worst than a reception with bad food. If anyone has any suggestions on venues - that'd be helpful as well - no where that will bust a buget :)

<3

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: In need of a review:

• edited December 2011
    Do they do tastings?  Most venues around here will let you do that.  Also, what price point per head are you looking to stay around?
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there 3 years ago and got the Filet Minion and it was very fatty. Their cocktail hour food was better then the actual reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your feedback - I'm looking of a price point no higher than 125. The Jericho Terrace was offering 80 for a summer sunday night, which is an excellent price (since it's much lower than my price point). I'm also looking at the Metropolitan in Glen Cove. I need a place that has ceremony capabilities and a bridal suite where I can get ready.  Overall, the taste of the food is the most important part - of course.

Jericho Terrace doesn't "REALLY" offer a food tasting. I'd like to do a tasting prior to  booking even if i have to pay - i refuse to settle for ok food. When speaking to the one of the owners - cateers, he said he'd offer a tasting prior, but it'd be the last step possible before a contact signature.

Thanks so far for your help!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    East wind has AMAZING food and the price point is under your budget. Depending on the day of the week it's way under. They have bridal showcases with their full base cocktail hour set up so you can try the food before you even talk to them if you want. There's another one next month.
  • edited December 2011
    Just got married at Giorgio's in baiting hollow and it was under your price point too. There's a showcase coming up there at the end of the month - you should definitely check it out! The food was absolutely DELICIOUS - A++++. Everyone's still talking about the food from my wedding...LOL! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Venetian Yacht Club in 10 days.  They don't do a tasting until after you book but are willing to refund your deposit if you're unhappy.  They may or may not be under your price point depending on your day of the week, but I've been very pleased thus far.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Jericho Terrace last July.  I don't remember the food being bad but it also wasn't anything that I would rave about.  Overall every aspect of the time we were their was very nice.  The only thing that I didn't like was there were so many parties coming in and out that day.  Definitly not a place you want to go if you're concerned about your party sharing the space with other events that are going on.  I'm getting married at Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst next May on a friday night.  My price is $75.00 per plate.  They do offer a food tasting that you and your Fiance can attend with up to 6 more people I believe.  We went and bought some of our bridal party members with us and everyone LOVED the food.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!! Truly has been a great help!!

I'm going to look up the venues you suggested - and perhaps can set up an appointment with them. I'm going to see the Venetian Yact Club on Monday - it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, the food at Jericho Terrace isn't bad, but nothing to write home about. I just got married at Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst. We were also on a tight budget, and they fit our price range and the number of guests we needed to guarantee perfectly. The food and service were AMAZING!!!!! You should definitely check it out.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you soo much ladies - We decided to cross the Jericho Terrace off our list - in the end, the price was worth it, but the venue didn't meet our needs. We're looking at East Wind and Giorgio's this weekend. We started with a large list of venues - have narrowed it down to Woodbury Country Club - and we'll see how this weekend goes - perhaps it'll add something else into the mix :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Leonards of Great Neck just had a food tasting on July 24th. They have one usually every 2-3 months, and their prices are very reasonable.
  • vantastic60vantastic60 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding had to be cancelled.  However, we did a taste testing at The Thatched Cottage and the food was great.  Received rave food reviews from others as well.  The outdoor and indoor atmosphere is lovely.  Give them a look and note that we are selling out our wedding deposit at The Thatched Cottage and offering $3,000 in free deposit money that could help you with your costs.

If you think you will be spending approximately $20,000 in total (cocktail hour, dinner, and deserts) for your catering venue and you are planning a wedding date before June 26, 2012, this is a great offer for you!

After checking all venues, if you are considering using The Thatched Cottage for your wedding and/or you have a large guest list, please don't hesitate to contact the seller about this free wedding deposit money offer. You can email direct to kvanbell@optonline.net. 

• LMoncloud9LMoncloud9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at East Wind and we were able to do a food tasting on our first appointment (they were really accommodating) and we loved everything about the place. It was very affordable and there was sooo much included. 
    During our search we also looked at Giorgios which was pricier, but also gorgeous. They couldn't do a tasting for us because the chef wasn't there that day. 
    I agree on it not being acceptable to have just 'ok' food. That's why I'm glad we went with East Wind. We were able to try their food right off the bat and have a very real idea of what to expect both in presentation and taste. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards