September 2013 Weddings

MMM

What's on your plate this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MMM

• edited October 2012
    Well, of course work!  Meeting up with my photographer to maybe upgrade my package and make sure she will be there for the whole wedding and before the wedding. (she is my FI cousin).  I have my friends rehearsal dinner Thursday and her wedding on Friday!! I'm super excited to be in her wedding!! But she is driving me nuts with changing the way she is doing her hair and then saying I can't wear my hair down now.  But oh well it's her wedding and it's my job to keep the peace!
  • Cleaned like a mad woman this weekend.  Our apartment looks and smells amazing!  Yay at me for getting it freaking totally done.

This week is pretty busy as usual.  Working about 55 hours and Thursday night dinner with FILs. 

WR: Hopefully I will be scheduling our engagement session this freaking week. 

(Yay no boss today!!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Work, work and more work.  But on Saturday the FI has a gig playing his sitar so I'm looking forward to that.  He's been in numerous bands but hasn't had any paying opportunites to be solo just playing his sitar.  (A sitar is an instrument out of India). 

We have our engagement photos next weekend so this week I'm sure I'll be full steam ahead in trying to plan what we're going to wear. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Just work and on Thursday night we will be checking out a DJ company whom I'm pretty sure we will book.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • How is it Monday already? I swear I just left the office!!! FI has strep throat and mopped around the house all weekend. So I went to help my sister pack her apt, she is moving in with her boyfriend at the end of this month!!!

This week, it is nothing but work, gym, sleep. Haven't been to the gym since we got our e-pics taken, Labor Day weekend. So I am bound and determined to get back there this week. I packed my clothes so I can go straight from work and make no excuses!

Nothing really wedding related this week. We set a date for our menu tasting last week, Nov 10 and I am trying to find an on location hair stylist...but other than that, nothing really new on that front!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • Enagement pictures are this weekend so I have to get my nails done, clean my ring, and make sure my outfit is all set (the sweater I want to wear it dirty so I have to wash it).  I also want to order our centerpieces (we picked them out last week - model sailboats!) and buy our domain for our website now that it's as close to done as it's going to get at this point.  I also have to call the florist to set up an appointment for next week and maybe get that vendor out of the way (she's a friend of my grandmother's).

NWR: Half of my cleaning got done last week so I have to finish the rest.  And I'm having an issue with my bank so I have to get that all sorted out.
  • I need to reclean my house after a long work-free weekend (yay!) for FI - he really is like having another child!  I've narrowed our surprise HM choices down to 2 and will be booking by the end of the week, so that feels good.  We sat down on Saturday night and went through our Cards and Pockets sample stationery and decided on invitation wording this morning, so I can finish ordering our Etsy invitation suite later today.  I love that the checks keep flying by!

I should be working but spent half the morning going over my weekend Q exploits with our executive secretary, who is even more addicted than I am.  I don't see a much improved forecast for the afternoon.  I clearly woke up wearing my f*ck it hat so everyone has pretty much left me alone so far!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4eac88d1-1c95-4e84-94dd-0105c1589e63Post:bbaceadf-ea05-4f0e-b42b-0ec0d5519706">Re: MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't been to the gym since we got our e-pics taken, Labor Day weekend. So I am bound and determined to get back there this week.
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

Oh this, 1000%.  I had been planning to start Insanity on Thursday night, but FI managed to get the weekend off so I pushed it back to spend time with him and not be all gross lol (of course, I would care much less if we could see each other for more than an hour a day!).  So tonight it's on and popping!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4eac88d1-1c95-4e84-94dd-0105c1589e63Post:ade689df-01b2-4aac-8661-086e6325e020">Re: MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MMM : Oh this, 1000%.  I had been planning to start Insanity on Thursday night, but FI managed to get the weekend off so I pushed it back to spend time with him and not be all gross lol (of course, I would care much less if we could see each other for more than an hour a day!).  So tonight it's on and popping!!
    Posted by TayBeach2013[/QUOTE]

FI and I went to the Bahamas in April and before we went we did Insanity together. Is this your first time doing it? Let me tell you, make sure you have supportive shoes! I was four days in and I had old,worn shoes and my knees KILLED ME. So make sure you get good ones. We only made it through the first month and then two weeks into the second month, but I felt like it worked pretty well for both of us ! GOOD LUCK!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to have a really quiet week this week and i'm SO EXCITED about it!! two weeks ago i was out of work because my grandpa passed away, then last week I was really sick so I was out a couple of days, this past weekend i had a rehearsal dinner and wedding to attend and now i think everything is finally getting back to normal! this weekend i'm heading up to Providence, RI for a wine tasting which should be really fun and relaxing as well! Looking forward to a good week!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4eac88d1-1c95-4e84-94dd-0105c1589e63Post:f39a9879-3c79-407a-b17e-f203937a50dd">Re: MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MMM : FI and I went to the Bahamas in April and before we went we did Insanity together. Is this your first time doing it? Let me tell you, make sure you have supportive shoes! I was four days in and I had old,worn shoes and my knees KILLED ME. So make sure you get good ones. We only made it through the first month and then two weeks into the second month, but I felt like it worked pretty well for both of us ! GOOD LUCK!!!
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I actually bought it for FI a few months ago while I was doing Brazil Butt Lift (which I freaking love), but I haven't tried it yet. I do have the shoes down though!  I have a pair of NIkes that weigh like 2 ounces and I use them for working out.  I'm in good shape so I'm hoping this doesn't kill me lol, but we shall see!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4eac88d1-1c95-4e84-94dd-0105c1589e63Post:6f5ad715-2b20-4414-b136-feaf9bae086b">Re: MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MMM : Thank you! I actually bought it for FI a few months ago while I was doing Brazil Butt Lift (which I freaking love), but I haven't tried it yet. I do have the shoes down though!  I have a pair of NIkes that weigh like 2 ounces and I use them for working out.  I'm in good shape so I'm hoping this doesn't kill me lol, but we shall see!
    Posted by TayBeach2013[/QUOTE]

We are in good shape too so I didnt really lose weight, but I lost everything around my love handles and my thighs got smaller. Even after not really working out, only occasionally going to the gym... my love handles are still completely gone! Both of us could not walk or move for the first 3-4 days...I am talking the kind of pain where you would rather throw yourself down the stairs than have to endure the pain of walking down them.... but if you can make it past those few days, you will be good hahaha

Just talking about working out, is now making me motivated...so thank you ahah :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yet another CRAZY week.  Work, Work and more work.  I have two 31 parties this week to get put in the computer, that is always fun trying to do with a 14 month old.  I have yet another wedding this coming weekend...I think this is it for awhile thank goodness!

I am meeting someone to try on a wedding dress this week.  I have invites picked out and close to ready to order. (We desided to do a very some cereony) so have to order two sets of invites I guess.    Working on our wedding website some. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A lot of work as per usual. This weekend I'm auditioning for a local production of Oklahoma because my schedule just isn't busy enough yet. lol

I'm also planning on harassing Disney Cruise Line multiple times this week. They still have not given us any update on our cruise. We've been told that someone is looking into chartering the cruise. Last week we were told they would know by last week Friday. This week they said they should know by Friday, but the company technically has till 120 days before the ship sails to make up their mind. Undecided

Our back up plan is to say so long Disney, we'll take our money to Royal Caribbean and get a junior suite for the price we're paying for your inside room. :P There's a 4 night that leaves the day after ours was originally supposed to. I really want to cruise with Disney, but this is just ridiculous. I feel even worse for the person who was supposed to be getting married on this cruise...
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hopefully we'll have the date locked down with the church and the reception site this week.  We finally got around to joining this weekend so now we can continue on to invitations and such.  I also just started working out again.  Every time I go, I feel a little bit more crazy-good about myself.  NWR: I need to do laundry tomorrow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4eac88d1-1c95-4e84-94dd-0105c1589e63Post:1fe019d5-67d2-42b0-8bf9-2c62437814ce">MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's on your plate this week?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

I finally picked up my veil this past weekend--
    NWR:  Today I had my car inspected and the oil changed and for the first time ever that is all I had to pay for -- usually it's something bad that pops up right at inspection time - I got a new car battery last week though - and went ahead and replaced my turn signal bulb that was out - (gotta love autozone since they install all that for free)
    I am working the next 6 days - so including today i am working 7 days in a row.  I am starting a new 2nd job next week at a coffee house - and letting my arena job go since there is no hockey - there is no scheduled hours - and no money being made:)

WR:  My website for the hotel is in progress - apparently the rep for the hotel has to submit it to be created and then it takes 5 days max to be approved
    Once I have the site I can publish my wedding web page and send my STDs
    Also waiting on a few more samples of invites to come
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •        This week for me Monday-Thursday I'll be working all day :( I have the weekends off and work every other Friday and every other Thursday but this is my week to work on Thursday.  By the time I get home at night from working 12 hours I am exhausted and oh so tired but gonna make it a point to get into more wedding researching. My fiance is off on Thursdays and Fridays now so when I get home on Thursday night think we'lll be having movie night (we have alot of these) and even have a couple drinks here comfy at home. I love me some awesome movie nights at home =) Im off on Friday so gonna make sure my fiance and I go put the deposit down on the DJ. I'm looking into different photographers and their prices so I'm hoping to pick a photographer very soon that way we can book that and get it out of the way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Working, cleaning, meeting with a caterer tomorrow and hopefully booking them, and working more on our website. Plus I've been working on compiling everyone's addresses and phone numbers into my awesome spreadsheet, so I'm all ready to start addressing envelopes when our STD's come in!
  •     @wesolowskia you read my mind!! I was going to start Facebooking and texting friends and family to have everything ready for when I order my STD'S. How are you going to contact everyone for their adresses as in through facebook, calling, emailing etc? also did you make a spreadsheet on excel or where? I was thinking of making a spreadsheet but don't think I know how. lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards