Colorado
Options

Small Wedding Locations

We are looking for a location that is small and intimate however we are trying to plans this from Chicago. I am from Oregon and He is from Georgia so we thought some place in the middle would be the best compromise. Our guest list will be about 50. We are looking for a location that won't be huge and ovewhelming and allow us to do a sit-down family style reception. Places we have looked into have been Vail, Breckendridge, and Boulder. Any suggestions? 

Re: Small Wedding Locations

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_small-wedding-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:632Discussion:3be0e0da-3315-4229-b99b-64d1081984bdPost:4ee52560-1a5b-4159-b306-ab59608a0cdf">Small Wedding Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are looking for a location that is small and intimate however we are trying to plans this from Chicago. I am from Oregon and He is from Georgia so we thought some place in the middle would be the best compromise. Our guest list will be about 50. We are looking for a location that won't be huge and ovewhelming and allow us to do a sit-down family style reception. Places we have looked into have been Vail, Breckendridge, and Boulder. Any suggestions? 
    Posted by kconnelly12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not as familiar with Vail or Breck but some places to check out in Boulder might include Rembrandt Yard, Chautauqua Community House, Flagstaff House Restaurant (esp if you are interested in a daytime wedding), Lionscrest (in Lyons, CO). Lots of great places around Boulder and it's a little more convenient for guests if you're willing to look beyond the traditional mountain destination wedding spots. Good luck!

</div>
  • Options
    donavan park in vail, (vail cascade resort and spa it by a pool and river and mountain side), I lived there and both are great.  Boulder the red lion is rustic and by the river, the st julian downtown boulder, flagstaff mountain in boulder.
  • Options
    If you're planning a wedding from another state, I highly recommend Vita in Denver (www.vitadenver.com).  I planned my Colorado wedding from Minnesota and Vita consistently exceeded my expectations and resolved questions via email, often within the same afternoon.  If you want a Breckenridge location, the owners of Vita also have a venue in Breckenridge.  I've never been, but I can attest to how wonderful the whole team is.  You can't go wrong with this local business.
  • Options
    You could also try Granby Ranch, near Winter Park Colorado. It is a ski mountain with a chair lift to the top of a mountain. The cermony site is in an aspen grove with views of the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park:  http://granbyranch.com/groups-discounts-weddings.html 

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards