New Jersey

Westmount Country Club Florist

Hey guys,

So I feel like Westmount Country Club is the place for us.  I fell in love with it and their food was amazing!  Has anyone been to any weddings there?  had there wedding there?  What were your reviews?  It will be a Friday night in May 2012 for my wedding PS

One of the only things I'm hesitant about with westmount is that you have to use one of there 3 florists.  What were your experiences with them?  I'm on a budget so I'm really nervous about signing onto these florists!  

Thanks! 

Re: Westmount Country Club Florist

• edited December 2011
    You should price out the florists before you book then.  I have heard that the florists Westmount uses can be pretty pricey.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • jesmall127jesmall127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Westmount in August and met with two of their florists.  They are expensive, and I will be the first to admit that we are probably paying more than what we would pay at other florists (but we loved the Westmount so it wasn't a deal breaker for us). I do think that if you go in with a strict budget in mind, the florists will work within that.  We gave them the go-ahead to spend a certain amount on centerpieces, which they stuck to.  Both florists also did mockups for us before we booked, and the centerpieces were beautiful.  I would just be sure that you communicate your budget concerns upfront; otherwise you will get estimates which will definitely be higher than you are prepared to spend.

We ended up going with Atlas (the florist within the Westmount).  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree with Jesmal- go in with a budget.  We did, and even though Matt at Atlas nearly fell off his chair, he was able to work with it and made us a mockup on our very first consultation.  But the off-the-bat price they will quote you is probably about $6,000- that's what we got at both places, however, our budget, since Danny and I are paying for it, is half that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lynzandgreg1lynzandgreg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Westmount last year and the florists didn't show up until 5 minutes before the bride walked down the aisle at the church. The men where standing up at the alter and they were still putting the flowers up and decorations on the  pews. I mean they finished before she walked down but still I thought that was so unprofessional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married there July 2012- can't wait!  Haven't dealt with the florists yet- I was/am nervous about the same things- basically sticking to the budget- ( under $4,000- I'm hoping)  any info I should know about each florist? I heard Atlas (the one in the hall) is the most expensive and he can be hard to deal with but does amazing work- any info on spitz and peck or pedestals?? basically we fell in love with westmount and decided to be hopeful that the florist situation works out- hope you go with your gut too!

• jesmall127jesmall127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with Spitz & Peck in addition to Atlas.  John at Spitz & Peck was very nice and made a very pretty mockup.  While Matt at Atlas can easily be described as eccentric (and perhaps a bit off-putting), he does do beautiful work.  He got my vision immediately.  Atlas' estimate was also a few hundred dollars under Spitz & Peck's estimate; plus, Atlas' centerpiece mockups were fuller, so we felt we were getting a better value for the money anyway.  I had wanted to stay under 4K, but we're paying $4500.  However, I did not push on the budget (nor did I tell him we had to stay under 4K).  I'm sure even now, if I wanted to take off a few things to get it under 4K, I could do it, but I'm happy with everything as is.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there on Sunday! I can't wait. We're using Pedestals for the flowers and we're paying $2700. They were pretty good about working within our budget. We originally didn't want to spend more than $2500, so when the original quote was a thousand above that, he worked with us to lower the price. We met with Spitz & Peck as well but liked Pedestals better. We never ended up meeting with Atlas because they sucked about calling back to schedule a time.
  • KarKarnjKarKarnj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't even imaging spending 6K on something that will be dead in a day or two..
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Westmount in September.  We decided to go with Atlas as our florist and are paying around $4,000K which includes a mix of high/low centerpieces, my bouquet, 7 bridesmaid bouquets, boutinierries, flower arrangement for the place card holder, flowers for the sweetheart table, church flowers, etc.  I told Matt my vision of what I wanted for my centerpieces and the mock-ups that he put together really blew me away.  As other girls have said, I would definitely go in there with a budget in mind and let him know in advance. 
  • tstrayer27tstrayer27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_westmount-country-club-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6eed7f65-a109-4138-a6d1-9704df6e4abbPost:9b4f92d4-4aae-40aa-a45e-756316e757c3">Re: Westmount Country Club Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married there on Sunday! I can't wait. We're using Pedestals for the flowers and we're paying $2700. They were pretty good about working within our budget. We originally didn't want to spend more than $2500, so when the original quote was a thousand above that, he worked with us to lower the price. We met with Spitz & Peck as well but liked Pedestals better. We never ended up meeting with Atlas because they sucked about calling back to schedule a time.
    Posted by newgate309[/QUOTE]The same thing happened with me! Matt from Atlas took 2 weeks to call me back to make an appointment. Do you mind sending me a PM with what you are getting for $2700? What type of flowers and are you having low or tall centerpieces? I loved Rob at Pedestals and he is who I want to go with as of now, but I still want him to re-work the price. I didn't tell him a budget since I wanted to see what he would say first. TIA, oh and congrats your wedding is so soon!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys - this has been great :)
  • edited December 2011
    This really has been such a big help! What would you say were the average prices for centerpieces-(high & low) and what the bouquet prices are?? Also- I heard doing high and low looks nice and is budget friendly as well- I would like to keep the centerpieces full too and maybe consider some crystals draped- who knows! haha - Also- @newgate309- any advice on how to remain in your price range- $2700 sounds great to me! thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We have 12 tables with all high centerpieces. I didn't really have any specific flowers in mind, so I'm sure that helped lower the price. I loved my mock-up so I'm happy! I know he gave us a good deal because the wedding is in the winter, which is obviously slower for them. We have 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, and 2 flower girls... corsages for moms and grandmas (6), bouts for dads and grandpas (5), an arrangement for the place card table, and candles and petals for cocktail hour tables.

• tstrayer27tstrayer27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_westmount-country-club-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6eed7f65-a109-4138-a6d1-9704df6e4abbPost:d7793ae1-900e-41b5-b412-8d4833b19eb5">Re: Westmount Country Club Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have 12 tables with all high centerpieces. I didn't really have any specific flowers in mind, so I'm sure that helped lower the price. I loved my mock-up so I'm happy! I know he gave us a good deal because the wedding is in the winter, which is obviously slower for them. We have 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, and 2 flower girls... corsages for moms and grandmas (6), bouts for dads and grandpas (5), an arrangement for the place card table, and candles and petals for cocktail hour tables.
    Posted by newgate309[/QUOTE]Thank you so much! This is very, very helpful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My high centerpieces were about $225 each and are white flowers with branches and hanging candles and crystals.  The lower centerpiece was around $140/$150 each and is all white flowers with 4 different size globe candles.  I can't remember exactly how much my bouquets were, but in total am spending around $4K and that includes 6 high centerpieces/9 low centerpieces, my bouquet, 7 bridesmaid bouquets, 11 boutinnieries, 2 mother corsages, a flower arrangement for the placecard holder table, arrangements for the sweetheart table, pew decorations for the church and I think a couple of other things. 

• edited December 2011
    hi all, new here, my name is alyson and im getting married 10/15/11, i'm not getting married at the westmount, but my brother and cousin both did, i know they used atlas for the centerpieces because they had to, but they went to thier own florists for everything else, which helped keep the prices down...if you are on a budget i would think about doing that, hope this helps :)
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know why they make you use one of their florists? I think that's kind of a ridiculous rule..
  • edited December 2011
    i was also annoyed by the requirement to use one of their florists, but i got over it relatively fast. no idea why they do that, i'm guessing that somehow the westmount gets paid by those companies for the privilege.

i was concerned about the lack of competition, but matt ended up giving us a very competitive price. higher than some other girls here, but we also had a chuppah with our 15 hgh centerpieces. we paid cash and got the price lowered. like other girls on here, matt just seemed to "get" what i was going for very quickly, although john from spitz & peck seemed super sweet and it actually hurt to tell him we weren't going to use him.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SharonC22SharonC22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matt from Atlas was great!  With only a few details he put together these extravgent centerpieces that blew me away.  He is an artist and will give you arrangements you've never seen before.  I agree with the rest of the girls that you have to give him a budget.  You can also ask about the wedding the night before or the afternoon before to see what types of flowers and arrangments they are using and he said he can incorporate them to cut down on cost.  

He was good about not pushing for anything extra.  He said not to by any flowers for the cermony outside because the grounds are enough.  Also, a benefit to having him onsite is that if the weather is bad and we need to have the ceremony inside he said to give him a call the morning of and he'll decorate the inside for us.  And we won't be charged unless we have to go to Plan B.
  • cassnrosscassnross member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the westmount too! We are getting married 11/26/11 in the Continental room. We are using Petals Premier, Adam is wonderful and the prices were fair. I would highly recommend checking him out. Let him know I told you about him, my name is Cassandra Rich.

Good Luck and Congrats!!
  • emanganelliemanganelli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone else used the newest Florist to join the Westmount CC's list, Petals Premier based out of Teterboro, NJ?  If so, can you let me know what you are getting for your big day and how much it came too?  I just made an appt. with Adam, and would like to see what prices he quoted other brides :) 

Also, Cassandra (cassnross) what were your experiences with Petals P.?  How much are you getting your arrangements for?  

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards