Flowers
Options

November Wedding Flower Ideas

Hello All you wonderful brides and brides to be out there.  I could use your advice.  My fiance are getting married the first weekend in November and I'm having trouble deciding on flowers.  I wanted to do sunflowers and the colored mums, but everyone that I mention that to say that sunflowers are a little to summery.  So...does anyone have some ideas for fall flowers?  Thanks so much you guys for all the help!  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: November Wedding Flower Ideas

• Options
    I would not consider sunflowers "summery" per se.  It really depends on what colors you pair them with.  If you mix the sunflowers in with fall colored tones they will read more fall.  But if you pair them with bright and light summer colors they will read more summer.

What about something like this...  I think adding in a few standard sunflowers or mini sunflowers would look really nice with the color scheme.  Call it bright fall :)

• Options
    I don't think sunflowers are a "summer flower" at all. That's like saying an all white bouquet is too "summery" for fall because no one wears white after Labor Day. Generally the flowers tie into your wedding colors, so if it goes with your colors, then get what you want.
  • Options
    In Boston,  sunflowers are not in season in November so many florists won't use them or will jack up the price because it is offseason.   
  • Options
    http://www.bridalguide.com/planning/david-tuteras-weddings/flowers-by-season-november

you will find the flowers in season here.there are some really beautiful flowers :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys you've been extremely helpful!  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mones fomes come go do bomre lest you konws
  • Options
    i had a friend that used sunflowers for her october wedding, they blended very well with her colors and didn't look "summery" at all. hope it helps... i'm an early november bride too! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, after rethinking things and looking at the venue again I've decided to go with roses, carnations and hydrangas.  I'm going for a romantic vintage feel and the sunflowers just didn't seem to fit.  You guys are awesome and thanks so much for the advice!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards