Options

Newbies come in here

13»

Re: Newbies come in here

• Options
    When is your wedding date?
    April 30, 2011
    What drives you crazy about your FI/H?
    He forgets or loses his keys, wallet, important document, shirts, you name it.

What do you like about SB?
    Whitty and fun!

What do you dislike about SB?
    The other day I was reading a post and someone corrected another posters grammar/use of a phrase. Then a few posts down the grammar nazi actually committed a grammar mistake. We all do it, get over it.

What is your favorite thing to do?
    Spend time with FI, play with my dog, running, cooking, wine.

Have you been lurking on SB long?
    I have been lurking for a few months. I recently got a job where I sometimes have nothing to do.

Who are your favorite posters?

Everyone!

Which posters drive you nuts?
    No one!

What is something interesting about you?
    I just bought a house!

Do you like Jello salad?
    It's ok. Not my favorite thing. My sister made me one as a house warming gift for laughs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Two things:

1. When I read the name of the thread, I read it as "Bewbies come in here".

2. I'm dissapointed in all of the bewbie reluctance to name people that drive them nuts.

Hi Bewbies

• Options
    When is your wedding date?: 8/14/2010

What drives you crazy about your FI/H? procrastination...then acting proud of himself once he actually gets around to doing whatever the task may be
    What do you like about SB?  entertainment

What do you dislike about SB? nothing in particular

What is your favorite thing to do? reading, running, drinking microbrews

Have you been lurking on SB long? a few months

Who are your favorite posters? None yet

Which posters drive you nuts?  see above

What is something interesting about you? used to show Arabian horses, ran my first 1/2 marathon last month and now going to vegas for my 2nd in dec

Do you like Jello salad?   occasionally, especially with the pretzel crust and sweet sour cream topping
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:3f3a834f-bc2f-474c-8e0e-6975c645394f">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ang--my second and third toes are both a tad longer than my big toe. I have freakishly long toes. Nice to know I"m not alone!
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That's an envied trait in the ballet world. Having a second (and third) toe as long as your first toe creates more surface area in which to stand on when you're en pointe. I, unfortunately, did not have this trait when I was in ballet, so I have a nasty bunion on my right foot due to my big toe being forced to be level with my second toe. Ouch...

That was some pretty useless knowledge, but oh well.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    When is your wedding date?: October 8, 2011
    What drives you crazy about your FI/H? That he thinks he's fat...all the while I'm the one eating chips...
    What do you like about SB? The pure entertainment value! No, seriously, the fact that everyone has became friends (and otherwise, probably never would have met).
    What do you dislike about SB? Hmm...not sure...sometimes I would like to jump in and say something, but being a newbie, feel a bit intimidated (but that's me, not SB!)
    What is your favorite thing to do? Hangout with friends, have a few drinks, eat and laugh :)
    Have you been lurking on SB long? On and off since January! More lately -I am such a lurker!
    Who are your favorite posters? Hmm..not sure which boards they are usually on (although I should know) - nebb?? (she made a comment once about kicking someone in the vag and I snorted out loud at work - love it). Frogurt814 - LOVE LOVE her dress and I enjoy MarriedInAFever's bear pic... 
    The posters who ask a question that has been asked a MILLION times before - lurk people, lurk! And please use periods and commas!
    What is something interesting about you? I have two extra veins in my ring finger on my left hand - can't wear a ring on it :( So I wear my e-ring on my middle finger of my left hand...
    Do you like Jello salad? My FMIL just made this recently and it was my first time trying it. I actually did like it, but thought it really should be referred to as a dessert, not a salad!

And I LOVE bacon...yum...
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : Way cool!
    Posted by Belle2Be[/QUOTE]
    Isn't it? I wonder how did they figure out that that's what it looks like?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : If only there was a website to show me what non-colorblind people see! Haha
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]
    I do wish it didn't work just one way!
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:9561dac8-ccc9-4091-ba7e-55a397a96d9c">Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've noticed an influx of newbs that need interrogated. Please tell us about yourselves so we can judge you accordingly    
    <strong>- When is your wedding date?: </strong>
    3/21/2009 (last year)
    <strong>- What drives you crazy about your FI/H? </strong>
    His lack of attention to detail, and no future planning
    <strong>- What do you like about SB? </strong>
    Straight up vodka answers
    <strong>- What do you dislike about SB? </strong>
    No new posts when I want new posts.
    <strong>- What is your favorite thing to do? </strong>
    Work, sleep, eat
    <strong>- Have you been lurking on SB long? </strong>
    a few months
    <strong>- Who are your favorite posters? </strong>
    Nebb, Starmusica, MILF, MIAF, Blueeyed, OWN, MilkDuds,CEW, pretty much everyone that makes me smirk, or smile, or LOL at work!
    <strong>- Which posters drive you nuts?</strong>
    Maybe these are the same as favorite posters
    <strong>- What is something interesting about you? </strong>
    I cut my hair, and it's super short and curly... I should put a picture up, if only I can find my SD card!  Something else interesting, we just got hailed on yesterday, and there are dings in the metal - great the big green golf ball on wheels woohoo!
    <strong>- Do you like Jello salad?</strong> GO.
    Not ambrosia... thats weird... but if its for throwing everything in it.... then rocky road icecream is my favorite!

Add questions if you want. StageManager, I'm counting you as a newb too.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    This newb is tardy, can I still play?

When is your wedding date?:July 30, 2011
    What drives you crazy about your FI/H? He's into video games and works on computers so he tends to talk about these topics that sound like "blah blah blah..." to me. Doesn't really drive me crazy but it's hard to pretend I'm paying attention sometimes.
    What do you like about SB? Mostly the sarcasm and honest opinions.
    What do you dislike about SB? Trying to catch up after I haven't been on all weekend. I'm a weeknight only Knottie usually.
    What is your favorite thing to do? Lately? Sit on the couch with the tv on and laptop in my lap. Between my first year teaching and planning a wedding, this is my relaxing time :)
    Have you been lurking on SB long? Hmmm several months. I just got engaged in August but got on to look and found out how entertaining the boards are.
    Who are your favorite posters? Beatles, Cew, AATB, I'm sure there are others
    Which posters drive you nuts? The only posters I consistently get annoyed with are E regs...
    What is something interesting about you? Is it a bad sign that I have trouble thinking of something?  I teach first grade.
    Do you like Jello salad? I did always like the jello with fruit in it that they served at school, but definitely not with marshmallows.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a little late on this but just got home from class

When is your wedding date?: March 24, 2012 (we are both full time students, FI is graduating in Dec, I am in May so we wanted plenty of time to get our sh*t together)

What drives you crazy about your FI/H? He can be pretty cheap sometimes, so I'm not looking forward to telling him how much weddings cost.

What do you like about SB? Everyone does answer the questions, no matter how many times it has been asked. Also whenever I'm in a blah mood I get cheered up by you ladies

What do you dislike about SB? I'm always late to the conversations so I feel stupid posting so late after the last post.

What is your favorite thing to do? It has recently become knotting and planning my wedding. But other than that I'm a big reader, I love smut novels and mystery novels.

Have you been lurking on SB long? Um, a little after I got engaged, yet long enough to know the password is/was sex swing (has it changed?)

Who are your favorite posters? AATB, EinC (I would love to be an expat and I really admire her for being one), Cew, and seshat

Which posters drive you nuts? right now AATB because I loved the sig pic of her fist pumping and it feels wierd not seeing it when she posts. Also the ones that get upset when the ask a question and get snark as an answer and are surprised that they got snark.

What is something interesting about you? My second and third toes are webbed, and I love Gordon Ramsey.

Do you like Jello salad? not really, my mom put the whole family on the Atkins diet back in the day and used jello mix to make "Kool aid" so I'm not a big fan of jello, but I do make the intant pudding.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When is your wedding date?: 10/1/11
    What drives you crazy about your FI/H? The fact that he always puts his dirty dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is right next to it.
    What do you like about SB? blunt honesty
    What do you dislike about SB? blunt honesty
    What is your favorite thing to do? scrapbook
    Have you been lurking on SB long? Off and on since last December...I post occasionally.
    Who are your favorite posters? haven't been around long enough to pick
    Which posters drive you nuts? ''
    What is something interesting about you? I'm a grad student in psychology
    Do you like Jello salad? it's delightful
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When is your wedding date?: April 10, 2011

What drives you crazy about your FI/H? He folds laundry incorrectly! 

What do you like about SB? That everyone is freaking honest. I don't like all the fake politeness crap. Sometimes things need to be said!

What do you dislike about SB? Um... nothing so far.

What is your favorite thing to do? Read Twilight fanfiction. Really. AND... commence the laughing... Honestly, some of it is really well-written.

Have you been lurking on SB long? A couple of months

Who are your favorite posters? AATB, jasmineh (because apparently we are kindred spirits when it comes to blankets), MIAF... I hate this, I like you all!

Which posters drive you nuts? No one on this board... at least no one who stays on for mare than one post...

What is something interesting about you? I use blankets even when it's 100 degrees out.

Do you like Jello salad?
    I don't know but I'll give it a shot...
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:cbaa234f-08da-493d-ac4c-6aa89961de5d">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies come in here : Or on April 10th. It's all mine. I'm not even going to share with H.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Crap, I thought by getting married on a Sunday I wouldn't have to share. Sorry! If I could change it I would, but I'd loss a shiit ton of money... and I just realized "shiit ton" is a funny phrase... Please forgive me!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbies-come-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55820b2f-56ca-46ca-b526-4f68a0afae2ePost:37239fc9-6a99-4f75-92eb-46d3d3dae2c0">Re: Newbies come in here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two things: 1. When I read the name of the thread, I read it as "Bewbies come in here". 2. I'm dissapointed in all of the bewbie reluctance to name people that drive them nuts. Hi Bewbies
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yuh huh.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2010
    When is your wedding date?: may 21, 2011

What drives you crazy about your FI/H? his need to justify liking something but repeating his favorite qualities to me in 10 different way- in one converstation
    What do you like about SB?  entertainment, procrastination

What do you dislike about SB? nothing in particular

What is your favorite thing to do? reading, sleeping, riding horses, sports (playing and watching)

Have you been lurking on SB long? well a little before the great migration, but I have just been super busy to post a lot

Who are your favorite posters? I have a good list and I don't want to forget anyone but I will say I really miss TJ

Which posters drive you nuts?  amoro- she has crazy mood swings they give me headaches

What is something interesting about you? I share a b-day with my sister (we are not twins) or annnd I am almost done with vet school YAY!

Do you like Jello salad?   ugh no!  My grandmother used to make her version which was called veg-all jello.  yeah a can of veg-all in a thing of jello.  DISGUSTING!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    When is your wedding date?:
      January 22, 2011!!!

What drives you crazy about your FI/H?
      When he does the dishes...he always stops with only 4 or 5 dishes left, and he leaves the nasty water in the sink, hahaha.

What do you like about SB?
      There are good times being had on the SB!

What do you dislike about SB?
      A little snark goes a long way.

What is your favorite thing to do?
      I am definitely a television/movie junkie. I have a BA in Media Studies, so it's slightly justified :o)

Have you been lurking on SB long?
      Not very long. I was lurking on the other boards for tips on planning and such, but every question I had was posted several times over so I didn't even have to post anything...but now since I have most of that over...I can enjoy the SB board!

Who are your favorite posters?
      I love the ones that you can just tell they are sighing heavily as they have to, yet again, type the word "tacky."

The ones that don't understand you can't ask for money or put your registries on your invitations....durrr.

What is something interesting about you?
      I work at a video rental store.....adding to my obsession!!

Do you like Jello salad
      I really do, as long as the Jello isn't green :o\
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When is your wedding date?: October 8 2011

What drives you crazy about your FI/H? He can be a bit over dramatic

What do you like about SB? Not sure

What do you dislike about SB? Not sure lol

What is your favorite thing to do? basically hang with Casey and family and freinds. and Facebook games when Im bored.

Have you been lurking on SB long? since last year

Who are your favorite posters? No faves

Which posters drive you nuts? The Bridezillas

What is something interesting about you? Im 96% deaf and Im having surgery in November to get more hearing back

Do you like Jello salad? I wouldnt turn it down.
    My Shoes :)Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to Newbies come in here:

I'm not really new but I've been gone for a little bit and i'm not sure I was ever properly hazed so here we go...
    wedding date: 5/1/2011
    what drives you crazy about FI: when he gets up in the morning and makes noise as if no one else is still sleeping (and he gets up atleast 1 hour before I have to get up)
    What do you like about SB? the snark of course and definitely when a PP comes back with a "you're all such b*tches"
    What do you dislike about SB? trolls that aren't funny
     What is your favorite thing to do? anything outdoors
    Have you been lurking on SB long? yes
    Who are your favorite posters? Vegas Groom, Cew, Bec
     Which posters drive you nuts? the ones that ask the same question that has already been answered a million times
     What is something interesting about you? I'm pretty boring in general but we just adopted a kitten and she is awesome.
     Do you like Jello salad? I like jello and I like salad.  I do not like them together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards