Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

First Look At Aisle-Skip?

We are wanting to do family photos before the ceremony to save on time so we're not rushed after.  I have some family members saying don't do it; the first time he sees you should be when you come down the aisl; if you do you'll regret it.  Does anyone have any thoughts? Did you do pictures before the ceremony? Do you regret it? We're still going to have that "first look" just not with everyone and not coming down the aisle?

Re: First Look At Aisle-Skip?

• vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had out first look and the majority of photos before the ceremony... and I have NO regrets at all.   That time together was such an emotional, magical time for us... we had 2 1/2 hours where we just hugged, and laughed, and kissed and were able to express our love and emotions together before we faced our family and friends.   What amazed me is that even though we had spent so much time together pre-ceremony, it didn't take away from 'the moment' when we saw each other at opposite ends of the aisle.  My heart still raced, my eyes filled with tears and we couldn't unlock our eyes from each other... the only thing missing was the nerves :)

84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Vexie!  That really helped. I feel a lot better about it now.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not regret ours one bit.  It was important to me to see my husband's reaction captured and I wasn't sure he would feel comfortable in front of 100 people.  Plus all the stress just melts away when you see each other.  We loved it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards