October 2013 Weddings

Getting to Know you...

As more and more ladies are getting engaged and planning for October 2013, I thought this might help some of us get to know the others better.  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.
Screen Name:
What You Do:
What SO Does:
State of Relationship:
How Long You've Been Together:
How You Met:
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
Real Babies:
Fur Babies:
Loves: 
Hates:
Pet Peeves:
Hobbies/Activities:
Favorite Thing About Your SO:
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
Describe Your Personality:
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
I've Been On TK Since:
How You Came to Be On TK:
How I like my potatoes:
Favorite book/author:
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:

Re: Getting to Know you...

• Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
      Screen Name: Stina51286
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Paralegal
    What SO Does: Driver
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: Itll be 4 years May 4
    How You Met: Through mutual friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/5/2013
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: 1 Jack Russell/Mix- she's 2
    Loves: Long walks, dancing, dive bars
    Hates: Annoying neighbors, Star Wars
    Pet Peeves: People not taking accountablilty for their own actions
    Hobbies/Activities: Running, fishing, scrapbooking.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Humor, its hit and miss
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, fun, straight to the point
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6-10 depending on day
    I've Been On TK Since: Aug '11
    How You Came to Be On TK: Got engaged
    How I like my potatoes: Any sort of way!
    Favorite book/author: Hunger Games
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have completed 5 5ks, 1 10k, two half marathons, and am training for my third for May.

• edited March 2012
    Good idea STina! Screen Name: Stina51286

Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Poli sci Degree (no job yet :/)
    What SO Does: Pilot
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 7 years and 4 months ish 
    How You Met: My friend wanted to dance with him at our homecoming dance, I was sent to tell him (stupid girls) and we ended up best friends, then started dating. 
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/12/2013
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: 2 Shar Pei doggies
    Loves: Way to many interests 
    Hates: hard one... 
    Pet Peeves: People who do not use their blinkers when making a turn, people who drive in the left lane and hold up traffice (STAY RIGHT UNLESS PASSING WHAT THE HE** IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT?!)
    Hobbies/Activities: Job searching, hiking, adventures 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How selfless he is
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His family can be hard to deal w sometimes :/ 
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, straight shooter, tad controling
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8-10 depending. 
    I've Been On TK Since: Idk check my thinkgy that says when lol 
    How You Came to Be On TK: Knew I was getting enagaged 
    How I like my potatoes: anything but potato salad yuck!
    Favorite book/author: Anything nonfiction 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Moved 1,000 miles and put my dreams on a back burner to be with my FI. Hardcore country from NJ lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Screen Name: Shannie11
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do:  Xray tech
    What SO Does: technician
    State of Relationship: engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years
    How You Met: gym/though mutal friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/12/13
    Fur Babies: 2 kitties max and travis <3
    Loves:  Running, Vs pink and the beach
    Hates: shoveling snow, traffic
    Pet Peeves: can't think of one right now but I know there are many! haha
    Hobbies/Activities: running,working out and reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He is so patient with me. Even when I get frazzled he will calm me down.  Never gets mad at me.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When I have to ask him 15 times to help me with something, usually cleaning related.
    Describe Your Personality: shy until I get to know people then usually won't shut up :) 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    I've Been On TK Since: before I was engaged!  I knew it was going to happen just didn't know when!
    How You Came to Be On TK: not sure
    How I like my potatoes: sweet potato baked with butter
    Favorite book/author: my sisters keeper
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:last year was my favorite years.  I turned 30, quit smoking, ran my first half marathon and got engaged. I also love country concerts and the red Sox <3 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to Re: Getting to Know you...:
    [QUOTE.....Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: last year was my favorite years.  I turned 30, quit smoking, ran my first half marathon and got engaged. I also love country concerts and the red Sox <3  
    Posted by shannie11[/QUOTE]

Congrats Shannie!!! Way to go! thats amazing, really! Im always on family/friends to quit smoking, its so hard. 

I could never run a marathon... haha i HATE RUNNING, should have added that to my hates. I actually think if my life depended on it, I would not be able to survive. lol 

We're also wedding date twins!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for October 12th! Thanks!   It was the toughest thing I have ever done in my life (quitting for good).  I had tried before but I would gain weight, get stressed out and go back to it.  It has been over a year now.  This time I said it didn't matter how much weight I gained, I was going to get healthy.  I wanted to be around for when we have kids, to raise them together.  I work in Xray, interventional/vascular.  Almost all my patients were coming in with leg pain and bad circulation.  Most were there because they were smokers.  I just was driving home from work one day and said that is it.  Running is my outlet.  I needed something to keep busy! :) 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • So glad you have a great way to release your stress through running, way healthier than smoking. I have become way healthier since getting engaged for the purpose of having kids also. If funny how something you expected (getting engaged wasnt a surprise to me), ends up still giving you a whole new outlook on life. 
    I have had so many family members stuggle with smoking, my grandmother prob wouldnt have made it to my wedding if she didnt quit ( only quit after major surgery), and my father's smoking lead to my half brothers needed tubes in their ears. 
    Hope you are able to stay away from the "cancer stick" for good, I know how hard it can be! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: lconoran
    Significant Other's Age: 43
    What You Do:  Benefits Counseling at a Mental Health Agency
    What SO Does: vending route driver/owner
    State of Relationship: engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 1/2 years
    How You Met: we were neighbors
    Fur Babies: 1 little maltese doggie named Nos
    Loves:  family, scary movies and lazy Sundays
    Hates: Mondays!- except for football season when I take most of them off :o)
    Pet Peeves:ignorant people who are content with being ignorant
    Hobbies/Activities: jazzercise, walking my dog
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He is the most sensitive guy I've ever met, but with a bad ass side too! Good mixture :o)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most sensitive guy I've ever met!! Yes, it works both ways for me Lol
    Describe Your Personality: very outgoing and fun; love social settings and cracking jokes whenever possible
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2
    I've Been On TK Since: late November right after he popped the question How You Came to Be On TK: googled wedding sites and this was easier to navigate than some others I found
    How I like my potatoes: A good mash is GREAT!
    Favorite book/author: Ugh, one of my issues, I don't read...but I really want to want to read!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I don't know if it's interesting but I lost my dad 2 years ago to cancer. he was VERY interesting and had  very specific "assignments" for all of us when he passed. I love yard work and he loved/hated the fact that I was so much like my mother (they were divorced for a long time but he never got over her). He had me build him a wall in the back of our family home, where he could lay to rest. He was cremated so I had to find a custom made urn, build the wall, and fit him into it (we wanted to make sure of course if we ever sold or anything, we could take him with us)! My mother planted a bush in the certain corner of our property that he requested to be by and that's exactly where I put him! It's pretty cool and definitely the most proud thing I've done in life. Certainly makes the planning process a bittersweet one when I stop and think about it. But then I go out back and know he's there :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Shannie- I unfortunately am currently a smoker and I hope to be sharing the same success story soon! Great job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shannie- yay for another runner! Do you have any plans to run another one? Congrats on quitting smoking!

Brianna- how long have you been engaged?

Icon- that is such a touching but good story. Sorry to hear about your loss. Does someone in your family ever plan on taking the house when your mother cannot be there anymore?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:02a334ad-3d0c-4127-890e-28184b2da51cPost:d93daea9-a620-4eb5-9194-69bbc6c89797">Re: Getting to Know you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shannie- yay for another runner! Do you have any plans to run another one? Congrats on quitting smoking! <strong>Brianna- how long have you been engaged?</strong> Icon- that is such a touching but good story. Sorry to hear about your loss. Does someone in your family ever plan on taking the house when your mother cannot be there anymore?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>7 months. I really havent started much of anything either, im too busy. Just a venue booked. How long has everyone else been engaged? </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name:  amandacharlie101313
    Significant Other's Age:  23
    What You Do:  Receptionist/Word Processor for a law firm and a waitress
    What SO Does:  Student until May 19th, then Investment Broker
    State of Relationship:  Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together:  3 years
    How You Met:  Volunteering for the Norco Valley Fair
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/13/13
    Real Babies:  0
    Fur Babies:  2 cats, Pebbles and Obsidian
    Loves:  Sports, The Yankees, Disney, relaxing (doesn't happen often) and just living life!
    Hates:  Stupid people and by that I mean people who just don't use their brain!!
    Pet Peeves:  I have a lot but to sum it up refer to "Hates" ^
    Hobbies/Activities:  Crafts of all sorts, planning my wedding Laughing, going to Disneyland, and just trying to have as much fun with the little free time I have
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He knows how to "deal" with me and my madness....I always have several things going on at once which at times makes for a very stressful life (but I wouldn't have it any other way), he knows how to mellow me out and make me smile.  And he loves me for me!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He cheats at games!!! 
    Describe Your Personality:  High strung yet easy going
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  5
    I've Been On TK Since:  March, 2012
    How You Came to Be On TK:  I was on 1800registry.com and didn't like the site much so I switched.
    How I like my potatoes:  Mmmmm ...I'm not picky
    Favorite book/author:  I will read just about anything
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am so excited to plan my wedding!!  I have been looking forward to this experience since I was young.  I love to plan things.  I started doing 5Ks, 10Ks and half marathons almost 3 years ago, I am a walker trying to become a runner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Brianna: I have been engaged since christmas, I have my dj, venue and photographer booked.

Icon:  Thanks!  I hope you can do it.  It is so hard but will be so worth it!

Stina:  I want to run another half .  I will prob start uping my miles once the weather gets warmer.  I have also done 5 k's and a couple 5 mile road races.  I seem to like the half the most.  I used Hal Higedons novice plan when I trained last summer.  It really helped me. Is the half your doing in May local?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:02a334ad-3d0c-4127-890e-28184b2da51cPost:2fdf87b4-c30d-4a16-98be-827be593de0e">Re: Getting to Know you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting to Know you... : 7 months. I really havent started much of anything either, im too busy. Just a venue booked. How long has everyone else been engaged? 
    Posted by Briannasteve[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering bc you said you came to TK because you knew you were getting engaged but it says you joined a while ago!

We've been engaged since Aug so April 1 will be 8 months.

• Oh nice we have a couple runners in this community!

• Stina: I actually live in the house now. My father stayed in the house after the divorce and he passed at home with us, as he watned. Mom has moved on and has a house with her boyfriend so we kids are all hands on deck with the house!

Shannie: I quick once for 7 months (totally kick myself for starting again) but I remember how much weight I gained because I could finally tase food again!!! And it was sooooo good Lol But I will do it. I know I can!

We've been engaged since November 23. Total surprise as far as timing for me although we had been living together for a while and both knew that's where we were going. We have our venue booked and that's about it. Doing the hotel booking now and have met with a photographer but my sis is totally pushing to do more planning like now (she's maid of honor).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:02a334ad-3d0c-4127-890e-28184b2da51cPost:821e58bd-d715-4755-a6f7-7aee2da06858">Re: Getting to Know you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting to Know you... : I was just wondering bc you said you came to TK because you knew you were getting engaged but it says you joined a while ago! We've been engaged since Aug so April 1 will be 8 months.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>What day in aug? lol we got engaged aug 10th. We've been together for 7+ years, I knew we would be getting engaged, he was just waiting for the "perfect ring" for a while lol. So I joined the knot to look at pictures and such. Never was really active on it until a month or so after we got engaged. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:02a334ad-3d0c-4127-890e-28184b2da51cPost:383279ee-f3b3-45e4-b07e-28c9abeed7b1">Re: Getting to Know you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stina: I actually live in the house now. My father stayed in the house after the divorce and he passed at home with us, as he watned. Mom has moved on and has a house with her boyfriend so we kids are all hands on deck with the house! Shannie: I quick once for 7 months (totally kick myself for starting again) but I remember how much weight I gained because I could finally tase food again!!! And it was sooooo good Lol But I will do it. I know I can! We've been engaged since November 23. Total surprise as far as timing for me although we had been living together for a while and both knew that's where we were going. We have our venue booked and that's about it. Doing the hotel booking now and have met with a photographer but my sis is totally pushing to do more planning like now (she's maid of honor).
    Posted by lconoran[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I see your in NJ, what area? I just found a videopgrapher (havent met with them yet). Which venue are you using, I see were the same date also! Im trying to find a good photographer. The one we used for our engagement shots was great but she works alone and we really want two people to cover our wedding so that we can have coverage of both of us getting ready for the wedding. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:02a334ad-3d0c-4127-890e-28184b2da51cPost:4826574f-948d-4a20-b71a-04b5684819a7">Re: Getting to Know you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting to Know you... : What day in aug? lol we got engaged aug 10th. We've been together for 7+ years, I knew we would be getting engaged, he was just waiting for the "perfect ring" for a while lol. So I joined the knot to look at pictures and such. Never was really active on it until a month or so after we got engaged. 
    Posted by Briannasteve[/QUOTE]

August 1

• Screen Name:
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Software Engineer
    What SO Does: Security Officer
    How Long You've Been Together: over 3 years
    How You Met: Worked together in college
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Still in the process of booking the venue, so it really depends on when they have open, because it doesn't matter too much to us
    Fur Babies: 0
    Loves: reading, soaking up the sun, anything creative
    Hates: people touching me (especially massages, I know I'm weird)
    Pet Peeves: I agree with the above blinker thing.
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading books, then watching their movie/musical/play counterpart. That counts as a hobby right?
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's not afraid to tell me what he thinks and compromises on difficult issues.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: I'm not sure he knows what direction career wise he wants to go. Which is hard for me to understand since I've always known. 
    Describe Your Personality: Ambitious, Perfectionist, but likes to have fun 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on my mood
    I've Been On TK Since: Technically October 2011, but I changed my account, because I didn't like my screen name.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Got engaged and friend raved about TK
    How I like my potatoes: in hash brown form
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am in school for my Master's and working full time so I have very little time for myself, let alone wedding planning, but I'm trying to be less uptight about things so I can do everything I want to do.
  • Whoops forgot my screen name: LaurenGrace12
  • Screen Name: SweetB7
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Currently a CNA; one semester away from being a Paralegal.
    What SO Does: Chemist 
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: Just hit 3 years.
    How You Met: He moved into my college apartment to take the place of a roommate that wasn't working out, poor guy had to live with 3 random girls. 
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/26/13
    Fur Babies: 1 Kitty: Chibs 
    Loves: Travel, outdoors, family time.
    Hates: Hypocrites.
    Pet Peeves: Same as above, people who are cryptic on Facebook, and people who make simple grammatical/spelling errors.
    Hobbies/Activities: Hiking, motorcycle rides, grilling out, hanging out at Capital Brewery (it's a Wisconsin thing).
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Caring attitude and humor. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He leaves stuff laying around all the time!
    Describe Your Personality: Caring,  dependable, and somewhat impatient. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depending on the day, 7.
    I've Been On TK Since: 3-16-2011
    How You Came to Be On TK: Got engaged and decided to check out the website. 
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed, baked, grilled, too many ways to choose just one!
    Favorite book/author: Jodi Picoult: Nineteen Minutes 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I just started doing Yoga and I am crazy in love with the practice. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Brianna: Morris County. You? I've seen you on NJ Board and David's was one place that I looked at! I've been to a wedding there and it was a blast. I love the intimate, vintagey feel. Congrats! We're using Casa Bianca in Oak Ridge. Totally different then what we said we wanted on paper but when we walked in, we both couldn't believe how much we loved it! I don't think we're doing a videographer. We've met with one photographer, an acquintance of ours who does weddings. His pics are gorgeous but his books are cheesy so I'm weighing the costs of him, which is very reasonable and possibly purchasing our own books seperate, or going with someone else. We plan on meeting with at least 2 more photogs before booking.  I'm trying to get hotel block settled soon, just weighing my travel options with each one. I know I really want to book a dj and photog in the next couple of months. Isn't it amazing how quickly the good people book up around here?!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Icon: I know, its crazy. Ive actually never heard of your venue! I am still searching all the vendors but im terrified everything will be booked! I guess NJ just has more weddings and events?! We looked in PA for some venues but we fell in love with David's and canceled a lot of our other venues lol. We also really liked Chris and Jordan and I was a tad concerned with the ball room being a little to "bare" but we are trying to find trees to rent. I can't find tree rentals anywhere tho! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: justdance93
    Significant Other's Age: almost 24
    What You Do: Grad student
    What SO Does: Grad student
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years and almost 3 months
    How You Met: Undergrad - we worked at the college library together
    Real Babies: None
    Fur Babies: 1 cat (see siggy)
    Loves: Ice cream, Internet, speech therapy, funny movies
    Hates (I prefer dislikes): Loud neighbors, Summer, exercising (even though I do it anyway)
    Pet Peeves: People who pick their noses, unibrows, people who continue to be annoying even when they know they bother others
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading books (specifically romance and YA), going out to dinner, going to the movies, spending time with my family
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He treats me well and has a great sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He overanalyzes everything
    Describe Your Personality: Quiet and shy if you don't know me, outgoing and fun once you get to know me
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Lately it's more of a 7-10 depending on the day and my mood
    I've Been On TK Since: <---- look at the date under my username
    How You Came to Be On TK: I liked looking at wedding stuff, and I knew FI and I would eventually get engaged
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed with gravy
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter, Vampire Academy, and right now I'm loving the Morganville Vampires series. No I do not like Twilight, and I have not read Hunger Games. I also read a bunch of random romance books (especially about cowboys).
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Yeah... FI and I are thinking about pushing our date back so we can save up some more money, so I really don't know how long I'll be here for. I'll try and participate for as long as I'm here.
    Also, I really don't like people who completely ignore wedding etiquette (I lurk on the E board frequently), so I'm sorry if I come across as snarky or picky when someone posts something about poor etiquette.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: katyb213
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do:  Registered Nurse
    What SO Does: Sales Representative
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: Through mutual friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/13/13
    Fur Babies: an australian shepard and airedale terrier :)
    Loves:  the ocean, swimming, laughing, my dogs, going out with friends and FI, red sox games.
    Hates: Ignorant people, traffic, and snow.
    Pet Peeves: same as above and people who cannot use proper grammer
    Hobbies/Activities: swimming, surfing (not very good at it though!), running with my dog
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He really understands me, he is calming if I am upset, and he treats me so well.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His mother can be difficult
    Describe Your Personality: easy going, fun loving. Shy at first but outgoing when you get to know me
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends...probably 6.
    I've Been On TK Since: The day after I got engaged!
    How You Came to Be On TK: My sister raved about it when she was getting married.
    How I like my potatoes: I really love grilled, but any way is fine by me.
    Favorite book/author: My favorite book is the same as SweetB7's! Nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: 2011 was the best year of my life so far! Graduated school in nursing, got an awesome job, got engaged. FI and I are planning on buying a house soon...scary process but exciting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name:
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Product Manager at Victoria's Secret
    What SO Does: Undergrad student at Michigan Tech University
    How Long You've Been Together: 8 years this past Feb
    How You Met: Through Mutual friends at a Varsity Basketball Game
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Oct. 5th, 2013
    Real Babies: No babies
    Fur Babies: Layla, she is our cat
    Loves: Reading, Pintrest, Being outside in the sunshine, Coffee, Sweets!! (Dark Chocolate especially!), Sports
    Hates: Running (currently doing C25k), inconsiderate people, not being able to see my fiance on a daily or even weekly basis, dieting
    Pet Peeves: Clutter, Loud eaters
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading outside in the sunshine with my coffee haha
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is considerate, loving, funny, PATIENT, handsome, loyal, genuine, honest, funny....and loves me for me.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he eats cereal and drinks out of his water bottle like he is in an over dramatized sports drink commercial....all the time.....every sip.
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, but likes personal time sometimes. Type A, sense of humor, hopeless romantic, dependable, loyal
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5, but could reach into the 7 or 8 range as time goes on. 
    I've Been On TK Since: Since we graduated high school....haha. Just kidding, since 2009.
    How You Came to Be On TK: They had some rockin ideas and tools I wanted to check out. 
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed from scratch or baked. (Random question, but I love it haha)
    Favorite book/author: Suzanne Collins, Stephanie Meyers, Philippa Gregory, Scott Westerfield, Rick Riordan, Dr. Seuss, The Brothers Grimm, J.K. Rowling
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Well Jeremy and I are quirky dorks who love to laugh and enjoy the little things. I recently graduated with a major in Marketing in Management from a private business university up in here in MI. Jeremy is still finishing up is degree in the U.P. The 8 hour distance has been pretty rough, but its almost over. Even after 8 years my fiance and I learning new things everyday. We have grown together since we were 16 and I can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead. He is the love of my life and I am so excited that God has chosen him to be my partner in this journey.
  • KimB603KimB603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    KatyB that is SO crazy!  What are the odds!!!  I know, I hope the weather is nice that time of year!  Is your ceremony at the Hartley-Mason Reserve?  Our ceremony will be there at 3:30, and reception until 9 I think.  The afterparty in Portsmouth will be a blast!  Have you picked a place for that?  Have you picked your colors yet?  I'm having a hard time with that b/c I want to do something that incorporates both fall + oceanside.  I go back and forth between plum-orange-red or maybe navy and yellow?  I think YHI and Stage Neck might offer some joint events - did you go to the Wedding Expo there in Feb?  Maybe we'll meet each other at some point!
  • KimB, Stage Neck Inn has the ceremony on their grounds. They have a lawn basically on a cliff overlooking the ocean...super pretty! York Harbor Inn is so pretty too! I have not picked a place in Portsmouth yet...any suggestions? I love Portsmouth so even if we went to different bars that would be fun. Are you doing anything after your wedding? Do you know where you are going for your honeymoon yet?
    My colors are navy blue, pink, and white. I am having a somewhat nautical theme which has been really fun planning actually. Even with it being fall and everything I knew I wanted those colors. My plan is for my bridesmaids to wear navy blue longer dresses and maybe have pink shawls to wear over their shoulders if it is chilly out. The guys are going to wear navy blue jackets and khakis.  Do you have a theme at all? If it is more of an autumn theme then I'd go with the plum-orange-red. If not, I'd go with the navy and yellow...more nautical and maine feeling! But both would be beautiful.
    I did go to the wedding expo in feb...it was a really nice one. did you go? If they have another one...which I am sure they will...we should definitely meet up! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wnhuppwnhupp member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Screen Name: wnhupp
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    Student, but I'm hoping to be an Englis teacher to non-native speaker, specifically French speakers
    What SO Does:
    Student - Film
    How Long You've Been Together: 1.5 years
    How You Met: In religion class!
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Oct 26, 2013
    Real Babies: nope
    Fur Babies: 2 gerbils, Dante and Virgil!
    Loves: Travel, history, watching TV with the FI
    Hates: Tomatoes!!! Nothing worse than a tomato...
    Pet Peeves: Arrogance! I detest people who think they're superior. And people who air their dirty laundry on facebook
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, cooking (or at least attempting)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Everything! His patience, kindness, and sense of humor are all tied.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't change the toilet paper roll... Ever...
    Describe Your Personality: Silly, quirky, sweet
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Usually at least a 8...
    I've Been On TK Since: August 2011, when my fiance and I really started to talk about getting engaged
    How You Came to Be On TK: Good question... I don't remember...
    How I like my potatoes: Starchy. I love all potatoes. Equal opportunity for potatoes.
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter books in general... :)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My fiance and I got engaged over the phone/skype at 2 am while I was studying in France. I got my ring 2 weeks later on the Paris metro/RER
  • KatyB - FI and I did go to the wedding expo - stage neck inn is gorgeous!  I bet the ceremony will be stunning.  We should definitely meet up if we're in the same place!! I'd like to attend some more wedding expos in southern ME, do you know of any upcoming ones??  I love your colors -do you have a pinterest board?  I'm leaning towards the more Maine/nautical theme myself - I like navy/orange/yellow as sort of best of both worlds (I've been keeping a pinterest board for that color combo), plus FI has big blue eyes that will look nice with a blue tie.

Hmm..no suggestions unfortunately for Portsmouth, I'm from Southern NH originally but have been to the area for New Years Eve fun and I bet just walking around and bar hopping would be a blast if you don't find a specific spot.  I'm not sure what we'll be doing after - I was thinking of maybe bar hopping around Ogonquit?  I'm also not sure what we'll be doing for our honeymoon - we're both in science grad programs and sometimes they aren't flexible with time off...we might have to wait until official school break in January.   What/where are you thinking?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards