South Asian Weddings

Order of Entrances for Reception

Hey Ladies

How should the entrances go for the reception?

I was thinking:

Brides Sister (Maid of Honour)
Grooms Brother & family (Sister in law and nephew)
Grooms Parents
Brides Parents
Bride & Groom

Thanks for your ideas :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Order of Entrances for Reception

• kavita85kavita85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good :) Does the groom have any groomsmen? Let me know if you have any ideas for music for reception entrances. I still haven't decided on one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow kavita85....your day is in like 2 weeks!!!

He has grooms men and I have bridesmaids but we decided to keep the entrances to just immediate family.

There is no rule of formality as to who's parents have to enter first is there?

what music have you chosen?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I have so much stuff to do and shouldn't even be on here right now, haha

We're having both sets of parents enter in at the same time. I'm not sure if there is a rule regarding whose parents enter in first, but I think what you have looks really great.

I have no idea what song to choose for reception entrances. I have chosen "Sajan Ji Ghar Aaye" from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai for the groom's entrance in the ceremony and Latika's theme from Slumdog Millionaire for mine. I feel so behind...it's good you're planning these details way in advance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that song brings back so many memories...*sigh* Younger Salman Khan! :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I love that movie. I think my favorite with him is Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. I showed FI the song "Joote Dedo Paise Lelo" to try to explain what the shoe stealing game is about. He's still a little puzzled by it..haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya...its kind of 'strange' if you haven't grown up with it or seen it at other weddingds...

Are you excited...only 11 days to go (your ticker is getting me excited lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I'm excited but I will be more excited once this Neuroscience final on Friday is over with. Note to self: don't schedule wedding 1 week after med school again
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow...good luck girl...I'm also in the midst of my studies in betweeen my wedding :$ *cross fingers that everything works out*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards