South Carolina-Charleston

Italian for Rehearsal Dinner

Hi, ladies. I'm planning a DW to your lovely city and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good Italian restaurants in or near the Historic District that can fit a large crowd? Here's the kicker though: I need one that has a gluten-free menu because I have a sister with Celiac Disease. I've been googling and asking around, but it doesn't seem like there are many there. Please tell me I'm wrong! Thanks for your help! Even if there aren't any in the area, I appreciate you letting me pick your brains.

Re: Italian for Rehearsal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    I am also having a DW in Charleston.  We are having our rehearsal dinner at Bocci's Italian Restuarant downtown.  I wonder if you contacted them if they would be able to accomodate you?  It may be worth contacting them just to see.  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen them online. I was worried because the reviews are pretty hit-or-miss. But I guess that's the only one in the downtown area. Thanks for your help and good luck with planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about Mercato's? it's very good but may be a little pricey.
  • stickbystickby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My favorite Italian restuarant downtown is Pan E Vino.  It is on a side street and smaller but it has such a cute patio.  I don't know how many people they can accommodate but the food is in my opinion much better than Bocci's.

Another idea is Il Cortile De Re, Trattoria Lucca, or Fulton Five all on the peninsula. 

All four of those may have trouble with the numbers, but are known for being authentic and delicious.

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to an event dinner at Bocci's, but that used to be our favorite restaurant downtown until a few months ago we went and realized they got a new cook.  The food was horrible, such a let down and now we refuse to go back.  I have been in the room that is used for private events though and it is a nice space with it's own bathrooms upstairs.  However, if you have anyone who can not get up and down stairs then that would be a problem for you because the private room is upstairs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards