Nebraska-Omaha

Local rustic reception venues

I haven't lived in Omaha very long and I'm unfamiliar with most of the wedding locations here. I am looking for a rustic and elegant wedding reception. I don want to be stuck in a dark banquet room somewhere. Can anyone help with suggestions for my reception? Barns, gardens, winery's? Thank you!

Re: Local rustic reception venues

• Mahoney State Park is actually really nice. THe backdrop is the amazing view and they ahve a nice hall to rent that is pretty much all windows. I've heard some girls mention Akhurst Dairy Barn (I think that is the name) . Or what about Lauritzen Gardens?
  • There is a barn in the area. If you search at the bottom of the Omaha board for Ackhurst Farm you will see lots of posts on it. They book up very fast though so you might want to check that out as soon as you can.

Also 1316 Jone Street (I think that is the address...) has a very rustic feel. I am having my reception at Blue downtown and we are having a very rustic feeling type wedding. But they limit it to about 100 people or less. They have a wide array of food choices though, not just Sushi or Japanese.

• The Ackhurst Dairy Barn is great.  They also have a nice on at the Bellevue Berry Farm and pretty reasonable prices.  There are also a couple of winery's :

http://wineryweddingguide.com/Nebraska.htm
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are having ours at the Bellevue Berry Farm in June. I think  it is classic, yet rustic. Their website is http://www.bellevueberryfarm.com/events.html
    They have pictures and their contract/prices listed on their site.
  • I love Scottlyn Yards in Blair, here is a link to a slideshow:

• A newer place is The Aspen Room. It is off of 96th and L area. It used to be a bar called The Lift (a ski lodge type feel to it)
    We were going to go there for our reception, but it was booked the day we had our tour of the place. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out the Bellevue Berry Farm. Don't let the website scare you off, it's a beautiful place for a rustic wedding!! and they have several size options for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards