California-Los Angeles

SFV Rehearsal Dinner Location?

So, the family apparently wants a rehearsal dinner, but FI and I are broke trying to pay for the wedding.  My brothers offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner as their wedding gift to us, but I think we're going to need the gift (a couple of pretty nice checks, knowing them) to pay down whatever we couldn't save enough for in regards to the wedding.  (They'd opt for a much more opulent, nice, sit-down rehearsal dinner than FI and I would host).

To cut off all (helpful) replies regarding a potluck, the FI and I live in a small apartment, and we're looking at a 25-person rehearsal dinner, most of the people from out of town.  I can't think of any friends with space to let us use, and we can't afford an expensive restaurant.  Short of pizza in a public park, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: SFV Rehearsal Dinner Location?

• edited December 2011
    How about a rehearsal lunch instead? Eat first, rehearse later?  The park isn't a bad idea if the weather cooperates with you.  You could make a very lovely, low-key get-together with sandwiches or even BBQ at a public park.
  • edited December 2011
    Bowling alley with pizza? Park with subway sandwiches? VFW hall with costco platters?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If you can find a space, Wood Ranch caters for about 12-13 dollars per person
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think the "lodges" are a good choice for you.  The moose lodge, VFW, Elk's lodge, etc., should have very affordable rates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards