Snarky Brides

Good Tuesday Morning!

Is this week over with yet? ;)

H will leave me at 2 in the morning to go on his guy trip, leaving me and the pup to fend for ourselves. Ugh! Tonight is intermediate class, which is kind of hard when there is only one of us there. He did good last week, we'll see how it goes.

It's a rainy day here today, and it's supposed to be cold when I get out of work.

How's your day?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good Tuesday Morning!

• Morning, kd!

It's rainy here today, too.  Actually, it stormed all night last night as well.  I slept maybe an hour total because of our dogs.  They're really grating on my last nerve lately.  I have no idea why they have started to act like effing morons when it rains but it's getting old real quick.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:dc7f2ca8-af0b-49f1-b3e4-31ea3de861af">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning, kd! It's rainy here today, too.  Actually, it stormed all night last night as well.  I slept maybe an hour total because of our dogs.  They're really grating on my last nerve lately.  I have no idea why they have started to act like effing morons when it rains but it's getting old real quick.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Ugh, sorry. Cleo was like that too. We've gotten lucky Atticus doesnt seem to care when it storms, but the cat hides in the pantry ;) Maybe try some straight Bendryl, vet said it works in a pinch.

BTW- I bought some more cute things and a colored ribbon for my wreath, thanks for the suggestions. Now onto the next one.
  • Yeah, nothing seems to be working with ours. It's starting to really stress me out.

Good, I'm glad my suggestions helped!  I made a Halloween one this weekend but I haven't finished it yet.  I got one too many hot glue burns and decided to finish it later lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning!  I woke up this morning to my 10lb mini-dachshund literally pushing me off the bed...I don't know how she does it!  As soon as I got up she went over to FI and about 10 minutes later HE was hanging off the edge of the bed!  She is so pushy!

This week is ridiculously busy and the weekend will be crazy too!  We had our first dance lesson last night and it was a blast though...we're learning a rumba to "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green for our first dance :)  It's not going to be super choreographed but we both wanted to feel comfortable on the dance floor!!

Is anyone making anything good for dinner tonight?  I'm thinking  it is a  B.E.L.T. (Bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato) night...freakin love those sandwiches :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!

Shay, have you tried the Thundershirt?  I've heard they're awesome.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:2be5d5a1-2c6f-44d6-b16b-a2d7e577a6cc">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! <strong>Shay, have you tried the Thundershirt?</strong>  I've heard they're awesome.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Hey Jes!
    That is a great suggestion!

AL-Reason number one, no dogs in bed rule.Now I want a B.E.L.T!

Shay- I want to see when you get it done. And I hear you about the burns, my shell wreath has been on hold for quite awhile because it's too easy to get burnt.
  • Hi Kd!

Hot glue is the devil.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:614abdc5-12e3-430b-9c1a-74614aade3b4">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kd! Hot glue is the devil.

It is but it creates so many wonderful things.

I've tried craft glue, thats a joke.
  • Box Kitty is a huge bed hog too.  Who would have thought that a 10 lb cat could take up so much room. 

• jennylee813jennylee813 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    We keep the no pets in bed rule at our place too - otherwise, we'd be the ones sleeping on the floor!

Feels like the longest week ever here, even though today is sunny after four days of rain. I've got my schedule mostly figured out for work, but still don't like the job they put me in. I did get to teach part of an English class this morning though, so I enjoyed that. The staff and students are awesome, but my role at the school is not.

I got four books in the mail yesterday - it was like Christmas! I ordered a playbook to replace my ereader and that should be here by week's end, and my wedding dress should be here soon too. I love getting mail that isn't bills!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:79f8b3dc-737a-4b87-b587-0ce7c5c2ffb3">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Box Kitty is a huge bed hog too.  Who would have thought that a 10 lb cat could take up so much room. 

Tobie sleeps between my legs if it's cool outside. I dont mind much, we kind of have a system, that is till I need to move my legs. He's 14lbs, and very long, he'll stretch the length of my legs with his head on my butt. Goof.

If I tried to keep him out of the bedroom, it would be worse.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:cc303733-0eff-45c2-abba-802e1ffdab47">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the kitten, J!  Do you have a name picked out yet?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I think we're going to stick with the name Siri that we were going to give to other kitten that didn't work out.  I'm still warming up to the idea, btu I picked the kitten, and H is attached to the name, so I suppose he can pick!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:54684379-57d1-4824-a44c-c8a0265b94ff">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Tuesday Morning! : Tobie sleeps between my legs if it's cool outside. I dont mind much, we kind of have a system, that is till I need to move my legs. He's 14lbs, and very long, he'll stretch the length of my legs with his head on my butt. Goof. If I tried to keep him out of the bedroom, it would be worse.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Minka is the exact same way.    Sometimes she climbs under the blankets too if it's cold.  Then she bites my toes.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:4d75fcf7-0db0-49be-8132-98a6275bfc48">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Tuesday Morning! : I think we're going to stick with the name Siri that we were going to give to other kitten that didn't work out.  I'm still warming up to the idea, btu I picked the kitten, and H is attached to the name, so I suppose he can pick!

Did I miss something? I dont see anywhere where you said you got a new kitten. Where are the pictures woman?!

So you had one that didnt work out? What happened, details please!
  • Ha, sorry.  I was talking abotu it PB.

We were going to take my coworker's kitten, because her 150 lb mastiff wouldn't come out of the laundry room since they brought kitten home, but then the kitten got out and didn't come back :(  So we went to the shelter we got Box Kitty from and picked one out :)

• OMG! I WANT!

SO sweet! I want another kitty so bad, but Tobie is so mean. When we take Atticus to class, I always have to stare at the kittens, there is a little black one there I've been wanting for ages now. He's so playful.
  • Yeah, I'm terrified that Minka will hate the kitten and us.  We'll see what happens.

• We'd never be able to keep Whisky off the bed. Or keep him from hogging it. If we close him out of the room, he stands at the door and howls like he's being tortured. it's worse now that he can't hear himself.

We just had a meeting at work and they (management) are giving us Tier 2s (basically the supervisors' helpers) more power to make decisions regarding our sites. It's pretty awesome.
  • Awww Kitty!  What a cutie!

I want one.  Maybe soon though.

Good morning!  For the first time in a while, I'm in KD's camp spouting "Is it the weekend yet??"  Friday my H took off work for a golfing trip to a fun course.  Saturday has been declared an official lazy day.  We're going to spend the whole day watching movies, having snacks, and just generally not being productive.  Sunday, my niece is joining us on a hike!  We're going to a new place not to far away so hopefully she can handle it.   i told her I'd kick her is she complained that she was too tired.  I think she believed me ;)

This week, I've got nothing compared to the weekend.  I did harvest all my carrots last night.  That was awesome.  Looks like carrots are on the menu for the next few weeks.  I've got tons!
  • Good morning.

Cute kitten!!  I want another kitten, but we can't get one yet. 

Cheddar is a bed hog too.  He takes up about 1/4 of the bed, then gets up and meows about 3am.  All he usually wants is back scratches, then he goes back to sleep.  Beast.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:38f940b8-9061-4a24-93c4-91331ff5bc39">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. Cute kitten!!  I want another kitten, but we can't get one yet.  Cheddar is a bed hog too.  He takes up about 1/4 of the bed, then gets up and meows about 3am.  All he usually wants is back scratches, then he goes back to sleep.  Beast.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

So I'm assuming Muenster never returned? :(

Anna- Saturday I am dropping Atticus at Camp Bow Wow, then off to get my hair did, then my pedicure. I may do some shopping after, kill time. Then I meet my yoga instructor in Chagrin Falls for dinner at the Burntwood Tavern then we are going to eat Jeni's ice cream. After we return to my house for some wine or Cyser, and she'll give me my massage.

After she leaves I will go to bed with a kitten and sleep in!
  • No, kd, I think he's gone.  It's been 3.5 weeks with no sign of him.  DH thinks he got eaten by a fox.  I'm sad - he was a good kitty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:f490d2a4-9ac6-4e39-9dee-4079627ca835">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww Kitty!  What a cutie!  I want one.  Maybe soon though. Good morning!  For the first time in a while, I'm in KD's camp spouting "Is it the weekend yet??"  Friday my H took off work for a golfing trip to a fun course.  Saturday has been declared an official lazy day.  We're going to spend the whole day watching movies, having snacks, and just generally not being productive.  Sunday, my niece is joining us on a hike!  We're going to a new place not to far away so hopefully she can handle it.   i told her I'd kick her is she complained that she was too tired.  I think she believed me ;) This week, I've got nothing compared to the weekend.  I did harvest all my carrots last night.  That was awesome.  Looks like carrots are on the menu for the next few weeks.  I've got tons!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great weekend Anna!
    Bet your niece will have a blast.
  • I'm ready to go back to bed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:e9333dd9-b019-4c21-b7d3-79847e4b12c7">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, kd, I think he's gone.  It's been 3.5 weeks with no sign of him.  DH thinks he got eaten by a fox.  I'm sad - he was a good kitty.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

God I did not need that image. Why do men have to be so literal? Ugh!
  • Yeah, I'd rather think he is being loved by another family.

Sounds like a great weekend, Anna! 
  • Morning... I complained about my sleeping arrangements on E so I won't get into them here.  Had a lovely baby shower on Sunday.  I did hear MIL telling a few people about how much work it was to put together "not that she's complaining, or minded doing it, mind you".  We're taking her to dinner tonight and have a bunch of running around to do and plans with friends tomorrow night and then we leave Thursday morning for Wisconsin for a few days.  We had some beautiful sunny weather for the shower and yesterday, but of course this is Cleveland and it's raining today :).  
  • My mom sent me a photo of the mess her kitty made this morning with a roll of toilet paper. Ha! Her cat is such a rascal. No animals here. I really want another dog (we had to put ours down a few years ago) but I don't see that happening until after the wedding.

Busy day here as soon as I finish this cup of coffee. I have my annual doctor's appt and I forgot to fast. Lots of work stuff. Working on my website some. Tonight we're meeting with our priest to discuss the wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dog shreds TP rolls (and eats some of it - off the roll thank goodness) when we leave her home alone and the bathroom door open.  As long as we leave the door closed she's fine.  And she doesn't do it when anyone is home.  Weird doggy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-tuesday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc0d9f27-1817-40c9-a2fa-894f1a8aef9ePost:2aedbf2e-65b4-4381-8913-6eabc9527818">Re: Good Tuesday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning... I complained about my sleeping arrangements on E so I won't get into them here.  Had a lovely baby shower on Sunday.  I did hear MIL telling a few people about how much work it was to put together "not that she's complaining, or minded doing it, mind you".  We're taking her to dinner tonight and have a bunch of running around to do and plans with friends tomorrow night and then we leave Thursday morning for Wisconsin for a few days.  We had some beautiful sunny weather for the shower and yesterday, but of course this is Cleveland and it's raining today :).  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

It was beautiful over the weekend wasnt it? Your MIL sounds like a peach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards