• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Hawaii

Veil or No Veil?? That is the question!

Oh so here it is.... My Fiance and I are getting married on the beach on the North Shores of Hawaii.  It is just going to be kinda informal, he will be in a pair of kahki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, and I am wearing a light, flowy 1 shoulder white ankle length sundress... we are only going to have maybe 10-12 close family members there with us on the beach.... Not too sure if I should wear a veil or not??? INPUT??? Thanks guys...

We will then be having a pretty big reception 2 weeks after we get back home (Columbus, Ohio), so we can celebrate our marriage with all our friends and family...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veil or No Veil?? That is the question!

• share122share122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I say no veil.  I can only picture veils being used when everyone is in formal attire.  That's just my opinion.  =)

Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's the windy side of the island too, so a veil might be more of a nusance than anything? Perhaps get some fresh or cute faux flowers for your hair? :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with melmac. While I am generally a proponent of "do what you want", I think the combination of North Shore and groom in shorts leads me to recommend no veil. That said, if having a veil completes your bridal vision, go for it. Or just have one for photos (you can do some amazing sunset and flash shots with them).
  • edited December 2011
    I also belong to the do-what-you-want category, but agree, with your FI in shorts, that may look a little disjointed. If you're set on the veil (and they do make for beautiful shots if the wind isn't crazy), maybe he could wear lightweight linen pants - my husband wore those and he was totally comfortable.
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl The Cold North member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  Do what you'd like, but I'm not doing one because of the wind possibility.  And then do seem more formal to me.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • breanessbreaness member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I bought one and went without on the day of. Hair flowers seemed more Hawaiian and it didn't seem necessary :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am a big fan of hair flowers, veils just seemed a bit too matronly when I tried them on. 
  • edited December 2011
    LOTS OF WONDERFUL FEEDBACK!!! Thank you all!!! I hadn't thought about the wind factor.... Thank you all!!! :) 227 Days
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I agree as well.  The veil was just too 'churchy' for me.  They were very pretty, but just not what we were going for.  I know a lot of girls like them for the photo opportunities they provide, but with the steady wind I think it would end up being crazy annoying.  I had hair flowers and loved them! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • roxybsktbllroxybsktbll member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I am going to buy a veil from lightinthebox. They have really inexpensive ones and great reviews so I figure the day of I will decide and at the most I will have only wasted $20. That way if you put it on and love it you have it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards