Hawaii

Veil or No Veil?? That is the question!

Oh so here it is.... My Fiance and I are getting married on the beach on the North Shores of Hawaii.  It is just going to be kinda informal, he will be in a pair of kahki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, and I am wearing a light, flowy 1 shoulder white ankle length sundress... we are only going to have maybe 10-12 close family members there with us on the beach.... Not too sure if I should wear a veil or not??? INPUT??? Thanks guys...

We will then be having a pretty big reception 2 weeks after we get back home (Columbus, Ohio), so we can celebrate our marriage with all our friends and family...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veil or No Veil?? That is the question!

• share122share122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I say no veil.  I can only picture veils being used when everyone is in formal attire.  That's just my opinion.  =)

Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's the windy side of the island too, so a veil might be more of a nusance than anything? Perhaps get some fresh or cute faux flowers for your hair? :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with melmac. While I am generally a proponent of "do what you want", I think the combination of North Shore and groom in shorts leads me to recommend no veil. That said, if having a veil completes your bridal vision, go for it. Or just have one for photos (you can do some amazing sunset and flash shots with them).
  • edited December 2011
    I also belong to the do-what-you-want category, but agree, with your FI in shorts, that may look a little disjointed. If you're set on the veil (and they do make for beautiful shots if the wind isn't crazy), maybe he could wear lightweight linen pants - my husband wore those and he was totally comfortable.
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  Do what you'd like, but I'm not doing one because of the wind possibility.  And then do seem more formal to me.  

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought one and went without on the day of. Hair flowers seemed more Hawaiian and it didn't seem necessary :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am a big fan of hair flowers, veils just seemed a bit too matronly when I tried them on. 
  • edited December 2011
    LOTS OF WONDERFUL FEEDBACK!!! Thank you all!!! I hadn't thought about the wind factor.... Thank you all!!! :) 227 Days
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree as well.  The veil was just too 'churchy' for me.  They were very pretty, but just not what we were going for.  I know a lot of girls like them for the photo opportunities they provide, but with the steady wind I think it would end up being crazy annoying.  I had hair flowers and loved them! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • roxybsktbllroxybsktbll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to buy a veil from lightinthebox. They have really inexpensive ones and great reviews so I figure the day of I will decide and at the most I will have only wasted $20. That way if you put it on and love it you have it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards