Maine

panic panic panic vent

I HATE GUEST LISTS! I'm not in the business of making enemies.  My guest list is still 220 people and the venue only holds 196 and invites need to go out in a few weeks.  I didn't send save the dates due to the fact that I didn't want to lock in a guest list.  I don't know who to cut and it's stressing me out! I hate this! I really sholud have planned better but I'm optimistic and very indecisive.  Sorry there's not much anyone can do I just needed to vent to other brides.

Re: panic panic panic vent

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought about doing an A and a B list? Also, don't forget to include you and your FI in your guest list, a girl on my month board forgot to and her and her FI weren't going to have a seat or meal unless someone RSVP'd No.  Also, are you inviting children?  I know that some venues don't count children under the age of 12.  Otherwise, you are just going to have to readdress the guest list and figure out who the most essential people on your list.  Maybe look at cutting co-workers or really distant cousins. Sorry if i am not much help.
  • edited December 2011

Thank you!  Yeah I've already cut co-workers, children were the first things to get cut and unfortunately I'm ridiculously close with all of my family so there are no distant cousins.  It's just a mess.. oh well.. it will work itself out

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently went through more slicing and dicing of the guest list. Honestly, it's the WORST part of wedding planning. I feel for you. Basically, we've made the list 21+ to try and be fair, which cuts out a lot of younger cousins. Also, I just made some really tough calls when it came to friends: how often do we talk? Would they understand? Is this someone I see myself wanting to continue a friendship with long-term? Am I invitingn someone just out of guilt? These were all things that FI and I talked about. It's difficult, but my suggestions are: to make rules and stick to them. You can justify pretty much any rule if you apply it uniformly. Good luck and hope for the best! My heart really does go out to you, since I recently went through drastically cutting my list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I've got the opposite problem!  Our venue requires a 100 person minimum so we will pay for 100 even if only 95 show up.  Our total invite list (including us) is only 127 right now.  There are some we know won't be able to make it and I'm panicked that more say no than I'm thinking and we end up with an empty room and paying for empty chairs!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FirstM - we'll all come to the wedding if you need people. :) Where are you getting married? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_panic-panic-panic-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:c30dd555-5c1a-486a-aaab-79ffa04897fdPost:86bd56b2-b7c4-46f9-a8d8-dbd2782a9ab7">Re: panic panic panic vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]FirstM - we'll all come to the wedding if you need people. :) Where are you getting married? 
    Posted by plato79[/QUOTE]

hahahaha  The invitation will be in the mail!! :-)  October 1st is the big day and it's coming so quickly!!!   We still haven't figured out the cake, flowers or invitations, but the venue, DJ, photographer, dresses, tuxedos and limo are all done.  yay for small accomplishments! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay panic attack over.  I got the list down to 208 after talking to my mom & MOH!  Love them, that's why I keep them around ;) And I know of about 11 definitely not coming (i.e. uncle who teaches in the middle east every summer and bridesmaid husband whos out on tour).. so I'm okay.. phew :)

Thanks for listening! Back to the Bachelor!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards