Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor lighting -- what's best?

I'm planning an outdoor, backyard wedding and want to incorporate string lights both outside and in the tent.  I was wondering if anyone has advice about good lights to buy?  Although praised on the Young House Love blog, the ones at Target got terrible reviews.  Does anyone have any ideas?  The look I'm aiming for is like this:

Italian bistro lights

Re: Outdoor lighting -- what's best?

• rm1259rm1259 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    most tent rental companies have plenty of lighting options you can rent..which is probably a better route to go since they set it up for you too. always nice to have one less thing to worry about. it looks like those lights in the picture are globe lighting, which is actually what i'll be stringing around the perimeter of my tent. then for some extra lighting i'll be hanging paper lanterns:) hope that was helpful for you!
  • I'm using a rental company as well for the same globe/street fair lights. I'm also doing paper lanterns but was advsied that the lanterns won't really give off much ambient light and are more decorative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't really have and advice for you, but wanted to chime in about the target lights.  I purchased 2 strands of lights for my porch like the ones pictured from Target 4 summers ago.  I'm still using the same 2 strands.  I have nothing bad to say about them!  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • These ones!

http://www.target.com/Philips-25ct-Smooth-String-Lights/dp/B003BILAAC

They're not glass like the other ones that are reviewed... and boy, are they cheaper!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions!  Our tent company doesn't offer the globe lights, but I ordered the ones recommended from Target since they served you all so well!  Thanks again!
  • How did the Target lights turn out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards