April 2013 Weddings

Any bridezillas out there?

Anyone been called a bridezilla?  Done anything bridezilla - ish?  Tell us your stories!

I have been lucky enough to not be called one, although my brother did accuse me of being Kim Kardashian because I bought a second dress.  I didn't like the first one and am selling it, besides both of them together were $500 - that's at least the normal cost of one!  He was just having a sh!tty day and took it back later.

I am sure I will do somethign Bridezilla - ish at some point that will make a great story.  For now, I am whining about RSVP's, but that's all I can think of.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Any bridezillas out there?

• I don't think I've been called a bridezilla, but people have given me a hard time for changing my wedding up so much. I had to tell a lot of people after word of mouth went out about my wedding that we downsized to just immediate family and wedding party. And then about a month later, we decided to reinvite just our closest friends- only like 10 more people total. Bad bad I know. I've been such a stickler on etiquette for everything else- and people have given me a hard time about sticking to etiquette! You just can't win.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been trying realllllly hard not to be at all bridezilla-ish and I think it's been working because no one has called me one. A few of my BMs have actually accused me of not involving them enough, lol. However, I have had a few private bridezilla moments. I won't say what because there might be people I know who find this, but a few times FI has had to listen to quite the bridezilla rant :)
  • I've been good so far.  My only "bad" moment was when our coordinator wasn't answering my emails or voice mails for 3 weeks and I finally went on the company's web page and wrote something like "Can someone PLEASE return the voice mails and/or emails I've been leaving for the past 3 weeks that nobody has bothered responding to?  I have questions that need to be answered and for what I'm paying you guys, the least you could do is answer them.  Thanks."  Kinda snotty, but I think it was deserved.  Three weeks to respond to someone is RIDICULOUS!  That's really the only not so happy moment I've had.

However, come the day after the RSVP due date, I can't make any promises because I will be on the phone hunting people down like a bloodhound. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • I had a bridezilla moment.  I ordered a favour sample (paid for it and shipping) and made my order based on the sample.  When I got the favours the vendor had stamped advertising (her company and website) on it.  I was pissed and I had her put a panel over the advertising. She now has on her website that favours will include a stamp with her name and website.  In none of the pictures or my sample was there this stamp so that is why I said something.
  • I can't tell if its bridezilla ish or not but I'm super pissed that we paid 70 dollars on a baby shower gift for my FI cousin and she skipped my shower AND went halfsies on a 40 dollar spice rack with FI other cousins girlfriend, who also skipped the shower, both with no explanation. They're also both loaded. I've always made it a point to attend anything his family invites me to and I felt so snubbed.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    Can't say that I've been called a bridezilla. I've been accused of being too laid back when it comes to the wedding! Although the leader of the ceremony musicians I hired said I was "very detail-oriented, which is a good thing for us". I think that was because I sent them a google map image of the ceremony/reception site, outlining a few options where they might set up for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and indicating the path the bridal party would enter. Maybe that was overkill, but honestly I'm good at image editing so it wasn't hard, and now they won't be confused about the layout when they arrive on the big day (the place is kind of gigantic and sprawling).

vonclancy: My bridesmaids have also mentioned that I'm not involving them enough... but I'm not really sure what they can do that I can't. I've just been taking care of projects here and there as I go along. I thought that their only real duty was to wear a dress and stand next to me (and FI) on the big day... so what gives?

ETA: Oh, I completely take that back. I had a full-out throw-down, foot-stamping hissy fit when someone wrote in a guest that hadn't been invited. But only FI knows about that reaction, and I think it was somewhat deserved.
  • I have been really letting the stress get to me lately. For some reason I am freaking out about the ceremony space. I go back and forth in my mind if I want to do it inside or take a chance and do it outside. Having the ceremony portion outside would save me like $2000.00 for decorating. I keep trying to swing the money and then I think to myself-Keep it simple,just have it outside. Back and forth back and forth. I am feeling very bridezillaish at this point.
  • My fiance constantly tease me that I"m a bridezilla but I don't think he has any idea what a true bridezilla is.  We did have a fight because he said our wedding stuff has taken over the house and honestly I told him to get over it because until Aprl 26th our wedding is going to be the biggest thing in our lives and I have lots of projects and stuff going on.  I try to get it neat and organized but between favors, invites, guest bags, aisle decorations, centerpieces, guest book tree, bubbles, personalized water bubbles & lip balms, bridal party tshirts etc I'm running out of space.  I have no room for everything so things are going to be everywhere!  I did promise him that after the wedding I would make sure we got our house back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am quite the opposite of a bridezilla. I have been called the anti-bride because I am so laid back about everything. I never had a wedding vision or anything so I deal with things as they come. I am afraid that I have been too care free with this and will be freaking out in the next month or so though... we'll see.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_any-bridezillas-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b5912f9e-ea90-423c-bde3-b8fde1a291a4Post:5d61085f-7ad8-4e04-9f8a-812038f6e21a">Re: Any bridezillas out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]vonclancy: My bridesmaids have also mentioned that I'm not involving them enough... but I'm not really sure what they can do that I can't. I've just been taking care of projects here and there as I go along. I thought that their only real duty was to wear a dress and stand next to me (and FI) on the big day... so what gives?
    Posted by von1976[/QUOTE]

t's true they don't have any other real duty but a lot of people don't know that (just check out the WP board some time...) Personally, I just haven't wanted anyone to have to do anything or feel obliged or anything. But I think some of my girls WANT to help tie favors or hear me vent or whatever. One BM actually offered to make me bride and groom signs because she wanted to be of use. I'm just so worried about being about being a burden or annoying anyone with too much wedding talk, as it is all that's on my brain. However, I've been trying to just talk more to the girls who have offered and maybe plan some sort of program folding day with them if they really want to do something :) (with wine and food provided of course)
  • In Response to Re:Any bridezillas out there?:[QUOTE]I have been really letting the stress get to me lately. For some reason I am freaking out about the ceremony space. I go back and forth in my mind if I want to do it inside or take a chance and do it outside. Having the ceremony portion outside would save me like 2000.00 for decorating. I keep trying to swing the money and then I think to myselfKeep it simple,just have it outside. Back and forth back and forth. I am feeling very bridezillaish at this point. Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

What on earth is costing 2000 dollars to decorate?!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_any-bridezillas-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b5912f9e-ea90-423c-bde3-b8fde1a291a4Post:4e385ab6-1682-40c0-b5f3-2ae8189a8912">Re:Any bridezillas out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Any bridezillas out there?: What on earth is costing 2000 dollars to decorate?!
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

I read that as it's costing them $2k to rent the space and if she has it outdoors, she won't have to pay to rent the space, which will free up the $2k to use for decorations. 

I can totally see it costing $2k for decorations, especially if you have to rent linens, chair covers, etc.  I've seen centerpieces go for several hundred dollars each.  No, it doesn't HAVE to be that expensive, but if your decor budget is small and you have the chance to throw $2,000 into rentals and more flowers, I can see how it would be tempting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards