September 2013 Weddings

whats on your mind

Just a random post about what your thinking today...

I am so ready for this day to be over we have a lunch meeting and then a meeting after work so not looking forward to it. 

I left my wallet in the diaper bag so I have no ID, Money or CCs.  Talk about suck! 

I am so glad I have time to post here at work because I def dont once I get home! 

These gas prices are CRAZY! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: whats on your mind

• Man, the one day I didn't have my earbuds in on the train, all the crazy people decide to come sit by me!

Work is just driving me insane. I actually confirmed with my friend who used to be the HR person here that they never fire people, they just make your life hell until you quit. Actual, documented accounts of this. And now it's happening to me. I mean, on one hand I guess it's nice that they didn't just kick me to the curb, but it still SUCKS.

BUT! Otherwise things are good. All moved out of the old apartment, thank god. Leaving tomrorow morning to go spend the weekend with my family and couldn't be happier about it, except FI's not coming which stinks. And just found out one of my best friends/BM is coming to visit next weekend yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mandi - No wallet?! that does suck.  hopefully your day flies by.
    Oph - i hear you on the work thing.  Passive aggressive blows!  They probably look at it from the whole unemployment thing.  if you quit they don't have to file and pay.

I freaking HATE our apartment and cannot wait to move out.  The only plus sides are that it is really big, it is super close to both of our jobs and rent is really low for the area.  (2 mins to mine and 15 to FI)  The kitchen is UGLY and the bathroom (while nice and recently renovated) is tiny! And one of our neighbors smokes cigars and if we have windows open on that side our whole apt stinks like cigar smoke.

We are still about 4 years out from buying a house and there is no way we are staying here that long.  I have just begun looking again and have found nothing.  ARGH!

while i'm b*tching... I really miss my nieces and nephews.  I've been away every weekend and working like crazy during the week so I haven't been able to visit any of them.  I feel like I'm missing out on all of the little one's milestones.

One a happy note:  Cape this weekend!  woohoo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_whats-on-your-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:969cd67c-1604-4baf-97bc-d2780144bee0Post:4e620a87-9896-4551-83dd-e06f716ccec7">Re: whats on your mind</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, the one day I didn't have my earbuds in on the train, all the crazy people decide to come sit by me!
    Posted by Ophelia0326[/QUOTE]

<div>This was me yesterday; my train into the city broke down halfway through and crawled in.  It took me FOUR HOURS to get to work, and listening to the idiot across from me go on about seaweed and nonsense made me want to smash my own skull.</div><div>
    </div><div>I still feel the impact from that today.  Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow!</div><div>
    </div><div>With that, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  I'm going to can about 30 lbs of tomatoes all day and let Dad take bedtime duty while I have a few beers with FSIL :).  I haven't had a night off in forever!</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ... I reallllly need this day to be over.  8pm can not come soon enough.  Minus working my 2nd job on Saturday morning, I have a 4 day weekend.  Yay! 

... I really wish people wouldn't post so much political stuff on Facebook.  I just want to catch up with my friends and family and not have to see people fight with one another.  I definitely have my viewpoints but I don't ram it down people's throats. 

... I need a pedicure. 

... I wish we were doing something more fun this Labor Day weekend than cleaning the house.  Last year we went to Asheville, NC for the weekend and it was wonderful. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Goofy, I feel you on the Labor Day plans.  We get to spend some time with my future inlaws. Very exciting. *rolls eyes*

I just bought a couple baskets from work and the dollar store and re-did our bathroom organization so when the inlaws come, our bathroom will look super spiffy for less than $20.  I feel pretty accomplished.  I also got some linen swatches today.  I know it's super early, but I'm trying to make sure everything matches. I might be DIYing an overlay now that I've fallen in love with the expensive, lace-ish one though...

Not looking forward to tomorrow because in order to rack up some extra money for the wedding, I agreed to work 3 extra hours.  I've done that before but usually after my regular shift.  Tomorrow I'm getting to work at 5 a.m.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_whats-on-your-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:969cd67c-1604-4baf-97bc-d2780144bee0Post:70ed0e96-02dc-4cd6-8a08-59c0674f8a0f">Re: whats on your mind</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goofy, I feel you on the Labor Day plans.  We get to spend some time with my future inlaws. Very exciting. *rolls eyes* 
    Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">My future inlaws are coming next weekend and staying with us (hense the heavy cleaning)...in our two bedroom, one bath home. But when they stay with us, they like to stay inside and relax and read their kindles. We like to get out and do things! It drives us batty because we get stir crazy just sitting there. So I will see your eye roll and raise you a nervous breakdown. ; lol</span> 

</div>
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well our inlaws would come stay with us if they could, but we live in a one bedroom apartment so that just doesn't work.  They can come in and chat, pet the dog, etc. but there is literally nowhere they could sleep.  When we visit them though...nothing to do so I bring my knitting with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards