African American Weddings

What would you do? Bridesmaid Drama

Here's my story. I told all of my bridesmaids that I was sending them something in the mail. I sent out bridesmaids invitations to 8 of my dearest friends and family members. The card read "Will you be my bridesmaid". 7 out of the 8 responded yes. The 8th, my sister has not acknowledged that she even received the card. 

Ok, maybe it got lost in the mail. WRONG. I sent a certified return receipt with her card. She just moved into a new place, so I wanted to make sure she got it. The card was received by her front desk and given to my sister. That was early June. I have talked to my sister since then, and she has not said anything about the card.  My other sisters don't want me to ask her about it. 

What would you do? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What would you do? Bridesmaid Drama

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ask her if she got it?  You need to know in the event that you are either one short or you need to find a replacement.

Why don't your other sister's want you to ask her?
  • edited December 2011
    honestly, i would ask her if she received anything from you..   Do you think she has said something to your other sisters about not wanting to be in the wedding? If so, SOMEONE needs to say something to you.  Im sorry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have any reason to believe there is a problem between you and your sister?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_would-bridesmaid-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:51c0b198-2aaa-4239-b769-e20daa9fc21aPost:70b343db-8854-4390-b992-4c572547ee46">What would you do? Bridesmaid Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's my story. I told all of my bridesmaids that I was sending them something in the mail. I sent out bridesmaids invitations to 8 of my dearest friends and family members. The card read "Will you be my bridesmaid". 7 out of the 8 responded yes. The 8th, my sister has not acknowledged that she even received the card.  Ok, maybe it got lost in the mail. WRONG. I sent a certified return receipt with her card. She just moved into a new place, so I wanted to make sure she got it. The card was received by her front desk and given to my sister. That was early June. I have talked to my sister since then, and she has not said anything about the card.  My other sisters don't want me to ask her about it.  What would you do? 
    Posted by kaimah[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Where is the drama?</div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe she hasn't opened it? Do you think she'd ignore you on purpose? Instead of assuming the worst just ask her about it. Stress eliminated. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • edited December 2011

Why not just ask her?  Seeing is though she just moved alot more may be on her mind.

• edited December 2011
    I agree just ask her about it.  It will clear the air for both of you. Don't just assume the worst.  Us Brides have a habit of doing that and sometimes what we think is not even close to what is really going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I would remind her and ask her. She may have placed it down and forgot about it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I will give her a call. I love her and she is my sister, I should give her the benefit of the doubt. 

My other sisters don't want me to ask her because when I got engaged she took a week to call me back. During that time she was writing all over Facebook about going to the Prince concert and other things. On top of that when my fiance had ananeurysm last year, she never called me, she just sent a text message once. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_would-bridesmaid-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:51c0b198-2aaa-4239-b769-e20daa9fc21aPost:1721b3e1-be3c-46a1-b22b-ef68220fd4e3">Re: What would you do? Bridesmaid Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. I will give her a call. I love her and she is my sister, I should give her the benefit of the doubt.  My other sisters don't want me to ask her because when I got engaged she took a week to call me back. During that time she was writing all over Facebook about going to the Prince concert and other things. On top of that when my fiance had ananeurysm last year, she never called me, she just sent a text message once. 
    Posted by kaimah[/QUOTE]

<div>All the more reason her lack of response shouldn't be a surprise. It doesn't sound like she's ignoring you on purpose. Maybe she's bad with returning calls (or doesn't like to talk on the phone).</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • edited December 2011

Agree with ladies.....just call & ask her. I wouldn't even go off of what your sisters said re: her calling you a week later when you got engaged. I wouldn't care about that....its about what's going on now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like the PP's, I would call her and ask.
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't hurt to ask...go ahead and give her a call  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards