October 2012 Weddings

Alcohol @ the reception

What will your reception have?

Re: Alcohol @ the reception

• I picked beer, wine sig drink, but if money allows - full bar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I know it's not generally we received on the etiquette board, but we're doing tickets.

Each guest will get 3 drink tickets (for anything- beer, wine, hard liquor) and we will have 2 bottles of wine at each 8 person table (each bottle has about 8 glasses in it) so it basically works out to 5 drinks per person.

The WP will be open bar.

Most of my family aren't big drinkers, so they can give their extra tickets to whomever they want. It's pretty unlikely that anyone will have to pay for a drink that night.
    Anniversary
  • Full bar here!  Every package at our reception venue comes with a full open bar.  Even if it wasn't included, we would pay extra for the open bar anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing beer, wine & a signature drink. I figure most people will have an option then. Doing a full bar was a lot more expensive, and we wanted to save that $$ to do local craft beers and wines.
    Anniversary
  • Full premium open bar.

The reception is a thank you to our guests.  I want them to have everything available to them.
  • We are having all 5 hours top shelf open bar
  • Just a champagne toast for us. My FI and I are drinkers, but alcohol really just wasn't in our budget. Especially since our venue would only let us use their bartender who was pretty expensive and if we went over so many guests we'd have to hire ANOTHER one. Also we're getting married on a Thrusday our in  Boonies. So our thought was that if people REALLY want to get drunk they can on their own time on their own dime.

October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • We will have open beer and wine which is including in the price.  Liqour will be available for our guests to purchase if they wish. 
  • We are having a 4 hour open bar that will shut down during dinner. We are also having champagne toasts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This was one of the planny things that FI had a lot of opinion about. He wanted a full open bar and would accept no substitutes, LOL. Fortunately, our reception package includes it without putting too huge a dent in our budget. Silly boy also decided he wanted an ice sculpture that will serve as an ice luge for our signature drink. Whenever we figure out what THAT is...
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Open bar, but not the premium liquors.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• we will have full open bar. FILs are paying for the entire wedding, but dont seem to want to pay for open bar so we will pay for it is they wont. I have only been to 1 wedding that did full open bar and 1 wedding that did 1 hour open bar. Everyone seems to do cash bars and it is expected around here but I def enjoyed the open bar! Its a nice surprise. And I actually drank much more at the open bar for 1 hour. We found out it was only going to be for an hour so we drank quick and then we didnt have to buy any drinks the rest of the evening.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are def doing something but it is not really in our budget so my family said they would most likely do something so we will see. I will def have a champagne pour, and most likely beer/wine.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 5 hour open bar then cash bar at the hotel.
    Photobucket invite1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_alcohol-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:fa9126af-0ec6-400f-b510-c1a3294bd46fPost:4e9439d3-27b0-479c-bf3c-28e44ba08d70">Re: Alcohol @ the reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it's not generally we received on the etiquette board, but we're doing tickets. Each guest will get 3 drink tickets (for anything- beer, wine, hard liquor) and we will have 2 bottles of wine at each 8 person table (each bottle has about 8 glasses in it) so it basically works out to 5 drinks per person. The WP will be open bar. Most of my family aren't big drinkers, so they can give their extra tickets to whomever they want. It's pretty unlikely that anyone will have to pay for a drink that night.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

<div>You already know that tickets aren't generally considered good etiquette so I won't go into that here.</div><div>
    </div><div>However I would definitely not treat the WP differently from the rest of the guests.  IMO, everybody gets tickets or open bar for everyone.</div><div>
    </div><div>Besides, do you really want the BM's and GM's getting drunk?</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first date was at a wine orchard so we'll be getting a lot of wine from them and then some kegs (that's how we do it in Indiana...no judgement).  We wanted a signature drink but facility does not allow hard alcohol.  Due to advice from parents, ie money, we'll be giving three tokens to each guest (bridal party unlmited).  
  • We will have beer and wine and 2 signature drinks.  We will provide guests with 1 drink voucher and toasting champaign and then it will be a cash bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards