40-Plus Brides

3rd times a charm

My FI and I getting married spring 2013. It is my third and his first, I am 42 and he will 56 when we marry. We are thinking of a small family ceremony, about 30-50 and then a big reception with friends and family possibly the same day in our home and in our backyard. 

Any suggestions to help make this as memorable as possible? 

Re: 3rd times a charm

• Congratulations on your engagement!  For me, planning the ceremony and reception together created some of the best, most magical memories.  We had such fun!  I think, if your special day reflects the two of you -- your personalities and wishes -- it is naturally memorable.  That and great shoes!  ;)

• You have to invite all the people on the reception list to the ceremony. As a guest, I would offended if you felt like you couldn't extend me an invitation to your special moment but turned around and asked me to a party to celebrate said moment that you snubbed me for. So rude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would be OK with only going to the party if it was a destination wedding, or something similar in which there were only a limited number of folks at the ceremony.  I can think of about 5 or 6 reasons right off the top of my head.    

What I have a problem with is the other way 'round, that I would be invited to the ceremony and NOT the reception.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards