Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Red arms - please help?

Hey, I'm new to posting (although I've been lurking for months) and have a huge beauty problem.  The backs of my upper arms are red and splotchy, and nothing I have tried works.

I thought it was that weird skin thing (keratosis pilaris) that is really common on the upper arms, that causes bumps and redness.  I've been exfoliating and using deep lotion for weeks, and now my arms are ultra-smooth, but they are still really, really red. 

I've also tried sunless tanning lotion, and although it is working well on the rest of my body, the redness keeps showing through. 

I don't have time to visit a dermatologist between now and the wedding, so I was wondering if anyone else struggled with this, and what they did to fix it?

Any help would be super-duper appreciated!

Thanks
February 2013 Brings with it Community and Zombies. Ha-zah!

TTC #1 Since Aug 2011 - Everyone Always Welcome
Lupus/Mixed Connective Tissue Disease(2009); Hypothyroidism(2012); Endometriosis(2012)
PCOS(2012); Low Progesterone + High Testosterone & DHEA(2012);
HSG (Arcuate Uterus)/ SA (All Clear)
August 2012 - 50mg Clomid - Appeared to be no response, but cycle ended naturally on CD44
September 2012 - 5mg Femara - 32mm Follie (Right) + Ovidrel + TI = BFN

October 2012 - 5mg Femara - 14mm on CD12 turned to 23mm on CD14 + Ovidrel + TI =
BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 EDD 7/25/2013 M/C 11/19/2012 @4w5d
November 2012 - 5mg Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN
December 2012 - Natural Cycle ending in
BFP #2 - 2/4/2012 EDD 10/2013 DX Unviable/MMC 2/11/13 Provera Started
Chartilicious

Re: Red arms - please help?

• I have keratosis pilaris and encounter similar problems.  Keep exfoliating but make sure you're using something gentle! 

Also, sunless tanners don't really work to cover the redness since they just tan the skin but don't cover anything up.. I have used the instant spray-on stuff and have been happy with the results because it's a make-up for the body.

I randomly used Sally Hansen's "Airbrush Legs" in a pinch on my arms and was actually really happy with the results.  For my wedding I'll probably look around for more options, but either way just make sure you get a color that blends well, AND make sure it is DRY before you put on your dress!  Anyway, I know it sounds odd but it has worked for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards