Wedding Reception Forum

Reception entrance song ideas- please help

I need some inspiration for entrance songs for the wedding party and also for FI and me.  What are you using?
TIA

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception entrance song ideas- please help

• We used All you need is love by the Beatles for both.  We had the opening fanfare played again for our entrance. 
  • We used "Levels" by Avicci. Since we had a small bridal party, we just used one song.
  • We're having just one song for both ourselves and the bridal party - Beautiful Day by U2.
  • We're not sure on our bridal party song yet, but FI and I are probably coming out to "For Those About to Rock".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• We havent' chosen our song for the Bridal Party but FI and I are coming out to "Now that we found love" by Heavy D and the Boys. I think picking your song depends on what type of wedding you're having and what kind of atmosphere you want to create. For us, it was all about having fun and getting everyone into the party / dance mood.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's important to choose something that reflects something about the 2 of you.

We are huge baseball fans, so our intro song was the "Home Run Song" from the movie "The Natural". If you've seen the movie, it's when Robert Redford's character hits the home run at the end.
  • Helsy85Helsy85 member
    First Comment
    We are hoping to have Hall and Oates "you make my dreams come true"!
  • Good Life-Kanye West
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're using the theme from Star Wars played by a strings orchestra for our entrance and the bridal party will probably just be announced if they want. It's a very family and friends filled wedding so almost everybody knows everybody else.
    I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-entrance-song-ideas-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a47f89d3-2927-4e46-b255-865a60d09950Post:10f0165a-ecf0-4112-985d-01f85f68c095">Re: Reception entrance song ideas- please help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using the theme from Star Wars played by a strings orchestra for our entrance and the bridal party will probably just be announced if they want. It's a very family and friends filled wedding so almost everybody knows everybody else.
    Posted by fridaysdance[/QUOTE]

Hah! And here I thought we were being unique, LOL. My bridal party is entering to the main title theme from Star Wars, and when FI and I walk in we're switching to the Imperial March.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards