Flowers
Options

$10,000 in flowers, Lanc pa.

So I went today and got a quote for flowers, that will be a little under $3,000 and this was a decent amt of flowers.  I come to find ou that my Fiancee's parents were willing to give us 10,000 towards flowers!! WE Will NOT need that much in flowers.  BUT, I really want to make a "wow" entrance into the reception. How do we make sure we have enough flowers for that effect and say we only want to do 3500 in flowers?   We eally could use that money towards other things like our photographer (4,000)  and a dj  rings, etc. How should we really split the $$ up? 
I am open for suggestions!!
Thanks!

Re: $10,000 in flowers, Lanc pa.

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will your FIL's be okay with you using moeny that they are specifically give you for flowers towards other things?  Check with them first.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_10000-flowers-lanc-pa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:0e9ed32a-15c4-4cda-b8e7-c82ae0b9482aPost:ca2df442-8da8-44bc-8755-6449550c5088">Re: $10,000 in flowers, Lanc pa.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will your FIL's be okay with you using moeny that they are specifically give you for flowers towards other things?  Check with them first.
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed.  Before you even start thinking of spending the extra money on something else, ask your FILs if it's ok with them.</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

They agreed to 10,000 total to be spent on the honeymoon, flowers, and the rehearsal dinner.  The info I recieved earlier was miscommunication.  So we can split it up for anything.  I just want to use it wisely.  We are thinking - paying the photographer off, using 3000 for flowers, and about 1500 for the rehearsal and the rest toward the honeymoon (1500).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats to you :o) That's awesome!!! I'd use 2000 for the flowers, the rest on food, photographer, give aways, etc
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree thanks for all of your answers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards