Wisconsin

Ideas for reception venues - $1000 rental, $20/plate?

Hello fellow Wisconsin brides!

We have just begun our search for venues and I've been throwing out a lot of emails.  The thing I've struggled with lately is finding places that will cater for less than $30 a plate.  I'm hoping for something around $20 - $24 a plate.

Can anyone recommend venues with rental fees around $1000 for a Friday night reception?

If a venue has its own caterer, can anyone recommend places that can do around $20 a plate?

Alternatively, can people recommend just venues that allow outside caterers, and can people recommend potential caterers that could help accomodate our budget?

It doesn't have to be super fancy, just large enough to hold about 200 guests and hopefully somewhat pretty!

Any advice is appreciated!  Thank you!

Re: Ideas for reception venues - $1000 rental, $20/plate?

• Depending on where you are located, we are using Gooseberries out of Burlington and it's roughly 19 a plate for the buffet with nice looking dispoable plates and silverware. They have great food and so easy to work with. Trish is amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Monona Terrace in Madison fits the bill.  

Where in WI are you?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Where in WI are you looking?
  • Ah, sorry, I thought I had fixed this - we are looking around Milwaukee but would go up to 45 minutes out of town.

Thanks for your help!
  • Try the Radisson North Shore in Glendale on port washington road. They have small minimums. The Clarion by the airport also has small minimun amounts and if wanted you can add in chair covers and centerpieces to help you reach minimum.
  • Our venue is Klemmer's Banquet Center in Milwaukee. It is about 24.95/plate + bar package. There is no rental fee and there is also no cake cutting fee. They make their own food and it is fantastic! (We have been there for other events in the past). It fits 200 people easily. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oak Creek Community Center-Rental might be a little more than $1,000, but they provide linens, china and do all of the set up and decor for you.  Free parking and lots of hotels near by that will shuttle guests.  They have four caterers that all have options at $20 per person or below.  It's a really nice venue too!  The only downside would be the chairs are a navy blue color.  So if that doesn't fit into your color scheme, chair covers would be an added cost.

Good Luck!!
  • Our venue is Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic center, they are fantastic!! Very reasonably priced. Also look into civic center in Racine. The festival hall and memorial hall are really nice are very reasonably priced. Dekoven Center in Racine is gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure what the rental fee is, but the Wherehouse in Milwaukee (5th ward) does Friday night rentals and has a really cool interior.  You can bring in your own caterer but have to use their bar service.  If you are looking for MKE caterers on a budget, Bunzels has great food and can be as cheap as $10/plate with a buffet.

Good Luck!
  • Milwaukee Public Market - $500 to rent, and flexible with your budget. I'm sure they can make it happen in your pricerange, but I'm not sure about occupancy.
    It looks gorgeous in photos because of the large glass windows.
    I've posted this link in the past, but I LOVE it!
    http://craigjohn.com/index.cfm?postID=110
    (scroll down to the bottom to see Milw Pub Market photos)
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards