Nebraska-Omaha

Ceremony at a Park

We are looking to have our ceremony at a local park. I am just worried about what would happen if it rains or the weather gets crazy (This is Nebraska after all!). Has anyone been to any local weddings at parks. Specifically at Mt. Vernon or Heartland of America Park? If so did the couple have plans in case of rain? We are planning on having our reception at Blue in the Old Market so not the ideal place for a ceremony/reception combo.

If you don't know about any of that do you have any indoor ideas for me or any places that have both indoor/outdoor areas that aren't reception sites? This is just super frustrating.

PS, we are planning a wedding in June of 2012.

Re: Ceremony at a Park

• edited December 2011
    We our doing ours in a park in Council Bluffs, our Plan B is just to do the ceremony at the reception venue if we are rained out.
    121 Invited image
    87 Coming to the Party! image
    34 Can't make it :(image
    0 Haven't found the mailbox imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    What park are you having it at? Unfortunatly we can't really have the ceremony at our reception site.

• edited December 2011
    Bayliss, It's only $50 for 2 hours in a non-performance area ad $100 for 2 hrs for performance area
    121 Invited image
  • edited December 2011
    What is the performance area? We actually live in Council Bluffs. My fiance doesn't really want to get married there but I can always convince him. ;-)

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Mt Vernon and we're just hoping for no rain. At one point we had considered renting some tents to put up and Gibbs in CB had the best prices around that I could find. The only problem with tents is that it's something you have to let them know 1-2 weeks in advance usually, so it's not something you could decide on day of, so you would end up paying for it regardless of if it rains or not.

If you want to get married at the park and there is no backup option, then I would call around and see if there are any places where you can give 5-7 day notice on whether or not you'll need the tent, and just keep a close eye on the weather a week out.

Hope that helps! Good luck! =] =] =]
  • edited December 2011
    I am the type of person that has to plan. So being that uncertain probably wouldn't work for me. We were checking out Mt. Vernon Gardens as well. I was also concerned with rental and having the tent put up and taken down within the time limit allowed.

• edited December 2011
    The ceremony area is the dome thing
    121 Invited image
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_ceremony-park?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:95ffcc3a-932d-4278-b635-fb45d401c43fPost:86f5a534-8895-4d16-85df-e4365b15cf9e">Re: Ceremony at a Park</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am the type of person that has to plan. So being that uncertain probably wouldn't work for me. We were checking out Mt. Vernon Gardens as well. I was also concerned with rental and having the tent put up and taken down within the time limit allowed.
    Posted by dazyabbey[/QUOTE]

Yeah the uncertainty definitely sucks. The time limit does as well, so we just rented it for 6 hours, haha. It makes it a bit more expensive of course, but it's an ease of mind at least =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards