Canada-Ontario

Officiant Price?

Can anyone tell me a rough price for an officiant?

Also if someone knows of a catholic officiant that will marry me outside of the church-we plan on having an outdoor ceremony.

Re: Officiant Price?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused... do you actually want a Catholic ceremony? (If so, you can't do it outside.) Or just a Catholic officiant but a secular or partly religious ceremony? (In which case, I don't see why you'd need a Catholic officiant...)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I'm confused also...We are using a Humanist Officiant named Martin Frith (big thanks again RingPop! who referred me to someone else, who then referred me to Martin!). He charges $400 and seems like such a great guy. If you're interested check out his website at www.ceremonieswithchoice.ca
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! We're using www.allseasonsweddings.com and the officiant we chose is Stuart Watson (he can add Catholic elements into the ceremony). They charge $350. I haven't met him in person yet but he seems great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_officiant-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:c3471f85-1f91-49b0-955d-10a53ef1d8a9Post:e0ade03f-fc5c-4491-b42d-aaf66224adb8">Re: Officiant Price?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confused also...We are using a Humanist Officiant named Martin Frith (big thanks again RingPop! who referred me to someone else, who then referred me to Martin!). He charges $400 and seems like such a great guy. If you're interested check out his website at <a href="http://www.ceremonieswithchoice.ca" rel="nofollow">www.ceremonieswithchoice.ca</a>
    Posted by melodyanderic[/QUOTE]
    I forgot all about this, but I'm glad it worked out for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Need a DressNeed a Dress member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that a catholic priest will not marry you outside of the church. I just thought maybe someone has or heard of anyone that might have been able to.

I like the idea of having catholic elements added into the ceremony, since my fiance and I are both catholic.  I will check into Stuart as well and the website you suggested.

Thanks HomeDiva! Smile
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that I know it's possible.  I watched a wedding on tv many many years ago that took place in the conservatory of Casa Loma and was offiated by a Irish Catholic Priest.  The priest was an absolute hoot, that's why I  remember it.  The new husband was a bit of a shy guy, and the old Irish priest gave a really funny little speech right before the first kiss.  He said something along the lines of,

"Now son, I want you to listen to me very carefully and heed my words.  Where I'm from back in Ireland we have a rule regarding the first kiss.  If there is even an ounce of hesitation on the part of the groom after the priest says 'You may now kiss the bride' then the priest is allowed to do it for him.  We can't have any hesitation whatsoever.  Now are you ready, son?  [husband knodded]  'You may now kiss the bride'".  The shy husband quickly grabbed the bride and bent her over in a dramatic hollywood kiss amongst lots of laughter and clapping. 

Priceless.

You could always try being a detective and giving Casa Loma a call to inquire about that wedding.  :)

Oh, and P.S.  We are paying about $300 USD for our officiant.  We don't know the guy, we're not religious, and our venue offered him up.  :)
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Jeremy Citron and he's been pretty amazing so far...he even speaks a bit of Swedish which is a pretty huge coincidence since FI is Swedish.  It's costing us about $500 and he gives you so many options that the ceremony can be as religious as you want it to be or not at all...

http://www.allyouneedislove.ca/Weddings/Home.html
  • Stephk08Stephk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Mike Van Slingerland from Kettle Creek Weddings. He is costing us $415, and I think he will be worth every penny. Not only is he very organized and professional, he is very personable as well! We were very impressed when we had our (free) consultation with him and booked him immediately afterwards.
  • edited December 2011
    I am shocked at how many people are booing officiants without meeting them first.  Does that not worry you?  What if you go ahead a book before you meet your officiant and they end up being the oppositie of what you want.  I only booked with an officiant from Kettle Creek Weddings after I had a chance to meet them first.  I am paying 395 plus gst.
  • edited December 2011

As a new Knottie just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful responses to this thread. My FI and I are in sort of the same boat as Need a Dress...in that we are having an outside ceremony and are looking for an officiant to include some Catholic elements to our ceremony. Both of us were raised Catholic and the fact that we're not getting married in a church is raising many an eyebrow by both sets of parents....so thanks for all the suggestions. We will be sure to check them out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards