April 2013 Weddings
Options

miami

Im going on a trip to miami next week! wahoo..Im a canadian so would love some tips from my american friends :) -  anyone who has been there..where to go where not to go? any tips? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: miami

• Options
    I've been once, and it was on a group trip, so I didn't get to make a lot of choices about where we were going and when. We stayed in South Beach, which was lovely. The hotel was pretty much on the beach, and the water was that perfect color of tuquoise you see in the movies and on posters. There was plenty of shopping and dining up and down the main drag. Some people went to the hooka bar there, but that's really not my style. We had some really good cuban food, when to the Gharidelli store and had rediculous sundais. The best part about it was that everything was walking distance. I'm sure there's lots of other really fun stuff to do in the greater Miami area, and I know I would like to go back sometime and explore again. I suggest March and April as the perfect season to go, as it's warm but not too hot, and the humidity hasn't had time to kick in yet. Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    We were there for literally about 18 hours before we left on a cruise.  All I can say is stay away from the Days Inn Civic Center - it's full of roaches.  Ask me how I know that.  *gag*  We ended up switching hotels at 1am to the Hampton Inn Miami Airport West and they were BEYOND amazing.

As far as things to do/see, I couldn't tell ya.  We ate at McDonald's in the airport when we got there and had the free breakfast at the Hamton Inn before the cruise. 

Have a fantastic time, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards