Snarky Brides

Makeup help?

I'm wanting to switch up my eye makeup. I have hazel eyes and have been wearing purple eye shadow for a while now, but want something that will make my eyes pop better.

Depending on what color I'm wearing, my eyes will sometimes look brown, sometimes look really green, and sometimes have a distinct ring of each. I also want an eyeshadow that will last more than a few hours. I feel like mine fades so much by the end of the day.

Anyone have color or brand suggestions? And what eyeliner should I pair with them?
Also, links to good tutorials would be awesome. I don't entirely know what I'm doing. ;)

Re: Makeup help?

• I use the Almay line for hazle eyes, they have a few differnet palatte options and the instructions are on the back.  I always put primer down first and it helps keep it in place and from creasing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use the urban decay primer and it works really well. I suck at colors, though, so no comment there. I had to get a kit made for brown eyes. It came with instructions. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I use this tutorial (it's in Polish, but the pictures do a pretty decent job of showing you what to do) 

I'd buy an eyeshadow primer (I use benefit, or something like that, but Urban Decay's is supposed to be amazing) if you feel like the eyeshadow won't last. As far colors, mine are brown and I usually use peaches/dark browns, purples and greens. Usually all with black eyeliner/mascara. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_makeup-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8caf9eb6-bade-4544-81f1-8afb25722b1dPost:9d174426-a14c-4301-92d9-b8a3c4825cf7">Re: Makeup help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I use the Almay line for hazle eyes, they have a few differnet palatte options and the instructions are on the back.  I always put primer down first and it helps keep it in place and from creasing. 
    Posted by kushie77[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I have the Almay for brown eyes, one of the older ones. I don't use the purple since it looks like I have a black eye, but the peach and the brown I definitely use.</div>
  • Ditto UD's primer. I have hazel eyes as well- they are green with a ring of brown on the outside. I actually really like Urban decay eyeshadows and Tarte. 

For Urban Decay- I like Sellout color- it ends up being a great base color/highlighter. 

I have the Tarte for Trueblood set- which has a ton of colors in it. I would have bought the Urban Decay Naked or Naked2 set except I got the Tarte one as a gift, so no real need. The Urban Decay palette has a ton of great neutrals, and I don't think you can go wrong with it.
  • And because I'm bored and there's no one around, this is what my make up usually looks like nowadays. Whic is to say, nothing like the tutorial, but good enough, lol. God my nose is big.

• I have hazel eyes, too, but they've been more green lately.  I use the Urban Decay primer. That thing has lasted me forever and it's totally worth the money. I have an older version of one like this.

My go-to eyeshadow is the Almay stuff for green eyes. I love it. AND it shows you how to do it on the back. I will admit, though, that I have a really old version of that too. I haven't been able to find the exact same colors in awhile. Similar to this:

Otherwise, I use a quadpack thing of browns. Really light white/tan for highlighting, most of my lid in a tan, medium brown/bronze for the outer half/corners and a dark brown on the crease. 
  • Agreed with PP - Urban Decay's Primer Potion is like glue! love it! If you're into gold's Woodwinked by MAC is a beautiful color that makes brown and green eyes really pop. It can be worn as every day color and jazzed up at night with a darker chocolate color in the crease towards the outer corner of the eyes .
  • Thanks ladies! I'll look into those. :)
  • I have hazel eyes too and this is by far my favorite "kit" that I've ever bought. 

http://www.amazon.com/LORAC-Close-Up-Carpet-Tutorial/dp/B003UZ30IQ

I also use the UD primer and love it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards